Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you're changing out the valve I would sawzall the top 3 lines at the bad reversing valve body so that you have the female side of the reversing valve connections still there then in unsweat the discharge. unsweat the top 3 female prices of copper left then clean up your ends. You should have some play in the discharge to start fitting the valve in now. It takes some work to fit the top 3 in but it can be done. Use thermopaste and a lot of heat and braze back together and instantly cool off with a wet rag. You should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by m8j4c View Post
    If you're changing out the valve I would sawzall the top 3 lines at the bad reversing valve body so that you have the female side of the reversing valve connections still there then in unsweat the discharge. unsweat the top 3 female prices of copper left then clean up your ends. You should have some play in the discharge to start fitting the valve in now. It takes some work to fit the top 3 in but it can be done. Use thermopaste and a lot of heat and braze back together and instantly cool off with a wet rag. You should be good to go.
    If you cut the top three without unbrazing the bottom one your shavings will fall into the comp. discharge line.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    If you cut the top three without unbrazing the bottom one your shavings will fall into the comp. discharge line.
    I agree. plus it can already be a cluster in there, especially on WS HPs. I prefer to unsweat everything and have as few joints to braze as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    brazing/un-brazing etc does not generates any phosgene gas, another old wives tale.

he didn't imply phosgene gas was generated he stated encountered, you should have been in the cramped area i was in unsweating the 4 way valve i replace saturday, plenty of hacking and coughing going on

any trapped gas is going to be unpleasant
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12