+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20,000 people in the superdome

Post Likes
    I understand the extent of this tragety and I can feel for the people that have been trapped in the superdome , but after hearing about the looting , and the shooting and fighting with the people that are there to help them out of there

( i am going to be hated for this)
    I cant help but wonder how many of those people have offered to assist in the rescue or do anything to help
    instead compound the problems

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2

( i am going to be hated for this)
    I cant help but wonder how many of those people have offered to assist in the rescue or do anything to help
    instead compound the problems

Actually there are other reasons.

Well I guess i'm in trouble to because I agree with you.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    People have strange priorities...

If the water level is rising, the wind is howling, the neighbours are moving...The first thing I'm gonna think about ain't my gun... Unless I expect to find or make trouble...
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes
    With all hope lost I can kind of see their desparation. However, the ones shooting at the rescue chopper should be sniped.

Of course, the media has trumped up the beligerance by their mere presence. CNN did it's damnest to blame the administration for responding to slowly.

Post Likes
    this afternoon when i was watching the news (about the people at the superdome) the people they interviewed, all seemed to justify the looting, and they all seemed to be waiting for someone to do something for them

I cant help but think that they all were told at least 3 days in advance to get out...and they didnt

I also understand the despration , and that theyre hungry
    but what the hell did they hope to gain by shooting at the people supplying them with the things they need

Post Likes
    Aren't our interstates suppose to be national defense roads anyway I mean isn't that there real name, how can you only have one major road in and out of a town, that is near the coast surrounded by bodies of water on three sides and sitting below their water levels and then presume that they only need one major highway, this is a major major engineering blunder and probably the biggest one in this nightmare, no foresight at all in this engineering marvel.If we can build the hoover dam we could have built a darn levee that wouldn't break. And we build roads over rough terrain all the dam time, where is the logic in our government ? We have known for a hundred years that this day was coming and still couldn't do a whole lot about it, I think the insurance companies should be repaid by the government for negligence, but on the other hand the insurance companies have also known for a hundred years so I guess they gamble didn't pay off for them this year.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in