+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 1970;s all over again...

Post Likes
    In the burbs of Atlanta... Gas 6.00 per gallon. Stations turning away people with no/gasoline.

Sad so sad. Greed absolute greed.

No the end is not near. But this is price gouging and creating panic. Wonder how many people will die just like in the 70's?

We are retired. I told my kids to stay put and don't drive anymore than they have too. +

Post Likes
    So holding hands with the arabs didn't help??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Your not only holding the arabs hand,your going to the arabs gas station to pay $6.00 a gal.

Post Likes
    I don't remember the 70's. Did something happen then? What happened? Where was I? Who am I?

$6.00 a gallon, Damn it hasn't hit here yet. Gas is still at $2.71 and expected to go up to $2.91 by Friday. I don't drive to much but went and filled my van up today. $50.00 later, I am going to ahve to make this last a while.

Post Likes
    I`m working on a project at home to convert chicken shit to gas.
    You don`t remember the 70`s? The oil embargo,gas rationing
    odd & even lic. plate numbers to get gas .Bigbird chashing all the girls around town on one of his chickens.

Post Likes

Supply=Demand =Price

We have oil, we just don't have the means to refine it. Mostly because of *******s like this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert...e-_b_6396.html

Post Likes
    LMAO, I was born in 70 so I don't remember most of them. I do have a friend who is running his pick up on cooking oil instead of gas. It is the damnest thing, it really works. I was over at his house the other day and seen the set up of how he filter and re filters the used oil. He had about 75 gallons completed when I was there. He used it to drive from here to Minnesota. Not to bad for a hippy.

Post Likes

Re: Supply=Demand =Price

Originally posted by James 3528
    We have oil, we just don't have the means to refine it. Mostly because of *******s like this
    The hurricane may be to blame for the recnet refining problems, but the price of crude has been climbing for some time, as is the price of gas, higher than it has ever been, oil companies meanwhile reap record profits. Our administration is happy to let things go along as they are, free market price gouging and all. And oh yeah, hold hands with the wonderful arabs as well...........

Post Likes

Re: Re: Supply=Demand =Price

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by James 3528
    The hurricane may be to blame for the recnet refining problems, but the price of crude has been climbing for some time, as is the price of gas, higher than it has ever been, oil companies meanwhile reap record profits. Our administration is happy to let things go along as they are, free market price gouging and all. And oh yeah, hold hands with the wonderful arabs as well...........
    Do you know how long it takes to build a refinery? When you can't get it out, the price will climb. All we need is a few more Robert Kennedy's and we are all fu<ked

Post Likes
    We are already f-ked with Bush now, what's the diff??

Post Likes
    Heard on the news tonight that it costs $4.00/barrel to produce crude. Someone's price gouging. I'm thinking OPEC.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Seven oil platforms from the gulf were tossed ashore during Katrina?
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    I'm thinking everyone.

Post Likes

Greed ..

It is greed. Pure greed.

Just think how they can charge any price for the product. What are we going to do about it? Nothing we can do. In metro Atlanta you can not even ride a bike to work. No sidewalks to speak of and where they are they are not inter-connected.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I'm thinking everyone.
    ===========================================

Oh, thank goodness. I thought I had an electrical fire!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    $6 a gallon!? You are not kidding are you?? WOW!

I went up 50 cents over night, and we are at $3 a gallon now..

I used my dad's truck today, and filled the half tank, $50! Ouch! Glad I got a small car w/ 28mpg.

I agree.. mom called me later and flipped that I filled the truck with gas.. I told her that my way of paying to use the truck.. But she said she will not be coming over here unless she needs to.

Senior Tech Guest
    Diceman
    Professional Member

Senior Tech Guest
    Arabs are now complaining they don't wanna be called towel heads because they are actually wearing sheets as turbans....."Sheet Heads"?

Post Likes

For you youngsters

Thos of us who are old timers remember the 70's. We were told they were running out of oil. Yes running out of oil. There was gas rationing I seem to remember maybe 8 gallons was the fill-up limit. Of course it was loosely enforced. Also, long gas lines, hot tempers, and at some murders at the pump. All of this was in the summer and it was hotter than haydes anyway which did not help any.

The culprits who started the myth was highly successful in putting people in the panic mode. This sparked the terror in the drivers to try and top off the tank anyway they could. People knew they had to drive to work and there was no alternative (at least where I lived). This, of course, created the long lines, drove the prices up etc etc. Now this is sounding a bit too familiar!!

It was plain ugly.

Tonite our Gov. Sonny Perdue said he will not tolerate price gouging and said he would see to it that price gougers would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Even setup a couple of telephone numbers to report them. One station that was charing 6,7 and 8 dollars for gas got scared. He downed the price to 1.99 until he ran out.

Someone also told me that the rumor got started, here in Ga., about running out of gas because of some stupid email going around.

Finally, what bothers me the most is everything we eat, wear, live in, etc etc etc is touched by petro. in some shape and fashion. These high oil prices will run the prices up and lead to inflation. Inflation, that nasty booger, can lead to less houses being built, stagnant economy, and people losing their jobs. No disposable income affects Mom and Pop stores to Walmart.

I sure hope the sheet heads enjoy all the money they are pissing away. Oh yeah, they have Michael Jackson to entertain them.

Post Likes
    don't remember the 70's. Did something happen then? What happened? Where was I? Who am I?

------------------------------------------------------

Good drugs in the 70's . so good they made you forget who you were , where you were

and you got a full 4 finger lid back in those days,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in