Hi

I just ordered a Magic Pac 1.5 ton heat pump 7MHP10A18A. I didn't want to go with the RobertShaw 9620 that the HVAC installation company recommended, so I asked them about the Honeywell Thermostat TH8320. They said they carried only RobertShaw and Carrier thermostats. However, they would be willing to install it if I got it, as long as it was compatible and available on the day of installation.

So I'm trying to find out a local Honeywell Dealer for the thermostat. The authorized honeywell distributor module on the Honeywell site is not available. How else can I find out? Does anybody know an authorized dealer around the Boston, MA metro area?

I've seen it on amazon.com and other web sites, but I'd rather prefer to buy it locally and have the professionals install it. [No DIY involved].

Thanks.

I can't believe your dealer won't get it for you. Almost every wholesaler carries Honeywell parts. I bet if he checked one out, he'd be impressed.

Try other local dealers and some likely are willing to sell a stat uninstalled. If not, e-mail me, my address is in my website in my profile. Not something I do frequently, but have helped out others wanting a specific stat.

Any Johnstone or R.E. Michel supply house should carry it. Like was stated, I can't believe your install company won't pick on up for you. About the same $$$ as the Robertshaw.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Found Local Supply Houses

Hi

Thanks for your responses. I found a few supply houses which had it and at a very good price, but they would sell it only to the HVAC company. So I've asked my contractor to buy it and I will pay them for it.

Thanks.

Make sure they or you read the destructions and set the stat up properly. I think it is step 170 where you turn it into a HP stat from gas heat. Other functions of interest would be turning on auto changeover and constant backlight. If using the outdoor sensor, you can set backup lockout temp and compressor off temp if desired. Be sure they jump E to AUX for immediate electric heat in emergency setting.