Mitsubishi CityMULTI

Mitsubishi CityMULTI

Last week I installed my first CityMULTI system in this small church. Its purring like a kitten now but I had major problems with the BC control box. Well I should say the port/isolation valves pos that were supplied in the kit. Has anyone ran into this

NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE ASKING ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT THE BALL VALVE THAT SHOULD BE INSTALLED AT EACH PORT OR THE SOLENOID VAVES IN THE BC ITSELF .

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boy View Post
    NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE ASKING ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT THE BALL VALVE THAT SHOULD BE INSTALLED AT EACH PORT OR THE SOLENOID VAVES IN THE BC ITSELF .
    My bad its the ball valve......I think they all leak. I tested from all of eight indoor units: unit/line set/ ball valve @ BC controller with the 300 psi (N) and no one lineset held over 14 hours. Ok, I went ahead and and plumbed the BC (1"5/8) to the out door and made my second overnight test. From BC ball valve I agian hit the lineset with 300 psi (N). The valves leaked and all eight linesets to BC dropped to 150 <> psi...... however from BC to Outdoor had raised to cominsate (they equilized). My new ?'s: have you ever ran into this? Am I in the wrong field?

FIRST OFF 300 # NITROGEN IS NOT ENOUGH MANUF. WANTS 600# FOR 24 HRS . YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE BALL VALVES RATED AT SOME ARE 700 BUT LOOK FOR 800 PSI . AND YES HAVE RAN INTO THIS BEFORE WITH BALL VALVES AND ALSO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND REPLACE ALL SCHRADER CORES WHILE YOU ARE AT IT AS THEY SEEM TO LEAK AFTER THE 600 PSI GET TO THEM . READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW TO THE T" AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN ISSUE . IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE CLEAN , DRY AND TIGHT ON THESE SYSTEM WITHOUT EXCEPTION . IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IT AFTER YOUR FIRST FILTER RESTRICTION CHANGEOUT DUE TO TRASH YOU WILL BE A BELEIVER .

what is the location of the leak?? at the packing?? or is it pitted? call the rep if it is pitted and raise hell and make his rear pay for it and the labor to repair!

Did several and never had issues with the ball valves leaking. The over abundance of flair joints was another issue. Wish mits left more room to sweat ball valves on. They want 500# or more for over 24hrs or they may not warranty the unit.

I know they want 600psi but I think that's too much. I have ran into schraders leaking. Just replaced six yesterday. They were all leaking bad. I agree I would love to cut all flares off and braze everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by nun View Post
    I know they want 600psi but I think that's too much. I have ran into schraders leaking. Just replaced six yesterday. They were all leaking bad. I agree I would love to cut all flares off and braze everything in.
    Diakin uses wrenches specified for the correct torque for each flare connection. I've used them for mitsubishi installs and never had leaks on the flares. Just a suggestion.