Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I think the tornado that hit Joplin was an EF-5. O'Bummer is an EFfin blowhard too.
    WOW! Nothin like the POT calling the kettle BLACK!!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    awe, come on, that was funny. And sad but true.
    Tis true, O'Bummer did chose to be Black. I wonder if he found any other Black O'Bummers in Ireland.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

He will be well received in Joplin.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    He will be well received in Joplin.
    Of course he will. O'Bummer is famous for giving away lots of our money. At least in Joplin, some of it will get back to the right people.

O'Bummer will use any disaster as an excuse to grow government by hiring more people who he can then claim he has created jobs for.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Of course he will. O'Bummer is famous for giving away lots of our money. At least in Joplin, some of it will get back to the right people.

O'Bummer will use any disaster as an excuse to grow government by hiring more people who he can then claim he has created jobs for.
    Bingo
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Bush never came to La Plata, and he lived less than 35 miles from us. Off the top of my head I can think of four places to land a helicopter. Two of them would have been easy to secure, and were undamaged from our F-5. The F-5 the weather service, watched bearing down on us, didn't send out the warning. Then they spent the next several months, CYA themselves and downgrading the tornado, with no call for investigation from anyone in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Bush never came to La Plata, and he lived less than 35 miles from us. Off the top of my head I can think of four places to land a helicopter. Two of them would have been easy to secure, and were undamaged from our F-5. The F-5 the weather service, watched bearing down on us, didn't send out the warning. Then they spent the next several months, CYA themselves and downgrading the tornado, with no call for investigation from anyone in Washington.
    What good does a president do by making an appearance in a disaster devasted area? Wouldn't you rather a president send those who can actually do some good?

No one was sent, no National Guard, they were deployed. A bank set up security, utility used their big truck as road blocks. We were promised low cost loans, and grants for what wasn't covered by insurance. It never came. The State did step in a make insurance companies pay for replacement value for homes that couldn't be built on there present location, due to zoning changes. Luckily my damaged roof was covered by insurance. Lost five trees of many that were planted, to met Chesapeake Bay initiative. When asked about Loans or grants to replace them was told none was issued, for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    No one was sent, no National Guard, they were deployed. A bank set up security, utility used their big truck as road blocks. We were promised low cost loans, and grants for what wasn't covered by insurance. It never came. The State did step in a make insurance companies pay for replacement value for homes that couldn't be built on there present location, due to zoning changes. Luckily my damaged roof was covered by insurance. Lost five trees of many that were planted, to met Chesapeake Bay initiative. When asked about Loans or grants to replace them was told none was issued, for anyone.
    More proof that government should not be given the task of taking care of us. We did a lot better when the American Red Cross and other private agencies took care of Americans during disasters.

I'm glad the President visited. Politics aside. It was the right thing to do. Gotta tip your hat to the President here for showing compassion and leadership.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I'm glad the President visited. Politics aside. It was the right thing to do. Gotta tip your hat to the President here for showing compassion and leadership.
    The issue is not whether or not the president visited a storm devastated area, it is the fact that O'Bummer took longer to visit one of these areas then did President W Bush, yet President Bush got a whole lot of grief over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12