Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy

As time goes on, it just gets worse. For the most part, the Gulf coast is gone. I wish we could hear from our H-talk members in the area. I want to finish some projects and then do something. I am watching the Green Bay Packers Brett Favre talk about his home and family and it is so sad. All of us need to do something. May take some time, you just can't get there right now. I use to go there with the National Guard. The weather and heat can get miserable there and you can cut the humidity with a knife. People are sleeping on bridges.

I know what you mean James. I just got done talkingto my boss and think I'll be taking a little time off (week or so) next week. I work for a pretty large housing company that is trying to put something together and go to help. I believe I may head up there and help out if possible. Don't know what I could do but maybe help atleast clean up or something. They won't have power there for weeks or even months so cooling them down is out of the question. If you go let us know, maybe we can, whoever that is that can, can meet up and all help out together.

That is the problem. The mayor of Orleans don't want the residents back for over 4 weeks. But this is not the only place hit. Mississippi and Alabama needs help.

It's unreal, the city is still filling up with water, no real plan in sight to stop it either. What a mess.
    Where is Rob-10?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Duct dr was maybe 7 miles from downtown Mobile, except I believe he was elevated well above sea level, like 200+ feet. He may have got some strong wind and he had big trees on his property that were tall enough and located in a position where expected winds could potentially force them down on his place. I do not think his roof was strapped down either.

Most forum members here are internet junkies and I am sure we will here from them as soon as possible, given the circumstances.

It is amazing what you take for granted now a days, and then suddenly start living like you were one hundred and fifty years ago.

What is really sad, is when you end up with a place to get out of the rain, but no running water or electicity, that you realize that there are a lot of people in this world who live worse than what you are going through, every day of their lives.

[Edited by Carnak on 08-31-2005 at 01:20 PM]
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

I would really like to coordinate something with them to see what can be done. I have some responsibilities here that I can finish up later. They are gonna need help for a long time to come.

A very long time.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    It's unreal, the city is still filling up with water, no real plan in sight to stop it either. What a mess.
    Where is Rob-10?
    You keep hearing schemes on the news. Some one will have to make a decision and try something, otherwise the leak will stop on its own and everything is at sea level.

Rob posted before the storm he was in Western La, maybe the power grids down and the hot wife is using the gen power for something other than running a computer.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

I saw they were going to lower jersey barriers in place along with 1,000lb sand bags.
    At sea level, that town is underwater, I'm thinking why did they build a town right next to the ocean under sea level anyway? Only other place I know of like that is Holland.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I remember a song from the late 80's by a band called the Tragically Hip called "New Orleans is Sinking"

I was reading somewhere that because of the silt it is built on, it has sank some 9 feet since it was founded. Only way not to sink is to be built on piles.

They are saying that the 'leak' is stopped now, that is a miracle if true.

It is getting worse by the hour. The people coming out of the water have no food, shelter and water. 90 plus degrees.

I see the National Guard has gotten water to the people near the Super Dome. Good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast