Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

On a domestic electric heater it is usually the red button next to the T-stat.

thanks for the photo.

Got another question: What is a flue baffle?? Is this a sheet metal product?

Originally posted by ipic
    thanks for the photo.

Got another question: What is a flue baffle?? Is this a sheet metal product?
    May be a heavier metal....it extends up the tank inside the flue. I would say a heavier steel than sheet metal.

#7 is a flue damper

Yeah I foudn a picture of it as well. The problem is I don't know how to categorize it. I assuming that they ahve them on both residential and commercial water heaters. So therefore i would have to know on each one and i can not tell that from the clients descriptions. I was going to try and categorize it based on the material type and possibly how it is formed, but i doubt that will work either.

Typically the 3 inch wide is residential. Commercial would be wider. If that helps.

You are awesome, that helps me a lot!!Thanks guys

would the length indicate anything as well? i see that some show a width, but most showa length.

[Edited by ipic on 09-04-2005 at 09:16 PM]

It is metal and it is in the flue. It is used to raise the heat extraction of the burning gas to the water tank. It may be just a heavier carbon steel metal or a bi-metal or one similar to a HVAC furnace heat exchanger.

It is me again. I am still working...blah!! Anyway dose anyone know what material a SHELL for a water heater is made of? Also I need to know what a JACKET would be made of.
    I had found some indication on a few websites that the outer jacket may be made of polyethylene, and that the shell may be fiberglass. Then again this was a Marathon water heater and the stuff I have doesn't indicate which brand these jackets and shells are for. Are all water heaters this way, or are there various types of shells and jackets? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I want to get this crap done and go to bed.

Nice charade,

but you are really obvious.

Originally posted by ipic
    It is me again. I am still working...blah!! Anyway dose anyone know what material a SHELL for a water heater is made of? Also I need to know what a JACKET would be made of.
    I had found some indication on a few websites that the outer jacket may be made of polyethylene, and that the shell may be fiberglass. Then again this was a Marathon water heater and the stuff I have doesn't indicate which brand these jackets and shells are for. Are all water heaters this way, or are there various types of shells and jackets? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I want to get this crap done and go to bed.
    I think a jacket could be a optional wrap for the water heater that is plastic and fiber glass.

The shell is commonly sheet metal with insulation of fiber glass or foam.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 09-05-2005 at 08:48 AM]

Hmm gruvn

Et tu Bruta?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast