+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Post Likes

Smile

Ok I know this is strange, but I am doing research for tax purposes for a client that has a ton of parts for AC units. I am a little bit lost on some of the items and want to know if someone can lend me their expertise. First question I have is what is a header, and what is it used for? I have various sizes, some header assemblies, and header tubes. I just need to know what those types of items are. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes

camaros

and such. Pretty vague info there. Call an auction house.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Thanks for your response. So there is no particular item on an AC unit of any kind that is in general called a header? This item may be used when building the unit, or possibly a replacement part. One example of what I am researching is HEADER ASSEMBLY 7/8".

Post Likes
    why not ask your client? they are his aren't they?

Post Likes
    You would think i could, but unfortunately I can not ask questions because although I am dealing with a manufacturer, I am also dealing with their CPA. It is a rather confusing mess. I just figured I would ask people that work with the stuff on a regular basis, rather then a CPA. I have searched online glossaries, parts dealers and various other sources, but couldn't find anything. This was just a shot in the dark. If it is not a common part, or a term that is used often, please disregard. Thanks for responding and have a fabulous day.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    You would think i could, but unfortunately I can not ask questions because although I am dealing with a manufacturer, I am also dealing with their CPA. It is a rather confusing mess.
    I still see no reason why you can't ask the owner... after all, you said you are doing this for him?????

Post Likes
    I am dealing with one of the largest manufacturers of AC equipment and parts in the US. The CPA's involved don't care about accuracy in the categorization process like I do, they only care about the final calculation. I am unable to go back to them with 3k plus questions, so I am having to figure this out on my own. Typically when doing this kind of calculation, i can usually find enough information online to figure things out, but in this case I could not. It really sucks, but I have to do what the client and the CPA wants me to. It is not a matter of one item here or there, it is a matter of thousands. Don't worry I am not asking about all of them on here. lol Just wanted some direction. Obviously a header is not a common part on an ac unit. I have found that when doing the research I do in various industries, it helps to go to the people that work with the items the most. In some cases you can find anatomy drawings of items, glossaries, common terms used, abbreviation translations, and similar infromation online that helps me to understand the particular product I am resarching. In the AC industry I have found several lists of terms, but not about the individual components, just about things like the coils for both the condensing and the evaporative sides of the AC unit. But still not enough info for me to figure out where this item should be coded.

Thanks again for the concern. I will just try and find another way to figure out what a header is.

[Edited by ipic on 08-31-2005 at 01:18 PM]

Post Likes
    You can get a header for $50 on many street corners, late at night, in the seedy areas of town.
    Hope this helps.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Ok that was funny. However doesn't help me much, my boyfriend get them for free anytime he wants one.

Really I was looking for professional advice from people in HVAC to help me with my job, but I guess no one knows what I am talking about on this particular item. Thanks for the laugh though.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    Ok that was funny. However doesn't help me much, my boyfriend get them for free anytime he wants one.

From you??? Really?

Post Likes
    Post pictures of yourself with the headers and we'll tell you what they are.

Post Likes
    Or a pic of you giving your boyfriend one, either will suffice.

Post Likes
    Yeah from me.
    no I have no photos of the headers. Sorry if I did I am sure i would have been able to figure out what they were and what they could be used for. How do post pics on here anyway...

Post Likes
    They are manifolds.

One example would be a piece of pipe with a bunch of smaller diameter pipes stubs branched off.

They could be used to supply cold water to a coiling coil, or to 'draw' return water from a cooling coil.

Another use would be to draw refrigerant vapour from cooling coils or or liquid refrigerant from a condensing coil.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Talking

Thank you!!! Finally something I can use. That is extremely helpful to me. I assuming that the various sizes (ie 7/8) would indicate the tube/pipe size that would be used along with the whole manifold itself?

Post Likes
    One more thing what material would that typically be made of?
    Any thoughts on crossover tubes?
    Sound enclosures or soundwraps?
    Sorry I am just at a loss for some of these.

Post Likes
    Who are you with?? Intellecual Property Institute of Canada??

Trying to see if this guy's stealing somebodies idea??

Post Likes
    Nope just a tax company. Just want to know about AC parts. That is all. I am trying to learn about the components. I am trying to put all the inventory i have into a code that will measure the inflation of the items for tax purposes. This is used to determine tax informaiton submitted to the IRS. I am in the research dept of the tax company. It is my job to learn about every industry in America, and be familiar with all items. This particular client is in AC. So now I have to know everything about an AC unit, all types through the wall, split units, etc. and their parts. Some stuff is easy to find online others are not. I just need some help. Sorry to bust in on your forum here with so many quesitons. If it helps I am really hot. lol

Ok that was a little unrelated, but I just really need to get this stuff figured out.

Post Likes
    BTW IPIC stands for Inventory Price Index Computation. Not that you would care...

Post Likes
    You guys should just hire some one to go through it with you.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in