+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Post Likes
    Wish I could but I can't. I am the "expert" I mean I have most things figured out, but the headers were causing me trouble. I already got all the other stuff. Like the expansion valves, the coils, the hoses, the controls, the couplings, and other fittings. etc. Basically there is only a few things I can't figure out out of the 11283 items in this list.

Anyway thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. )

http://profiles.yahoo.com/naturescandi

Here is a smile for ya!

Post Likes
    Post some pictures of the mystery parts, especially if they are as cute as you are
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Smile

I don't have any photos of the parts. If I did I would gladly show them to you. All I have are descriptions, some of which I have put on here. I really just need to know what material this stuff is made of. I am assuming the crossovers are all tubes and would be copper. The other stuff I am not so sure of.

SOUND ENCLOSURE - TOP
    SOUND WRAP
    CROSSOVER 3/8
    CROSSOVER 5/16
    CROSSOVER TUBE 3/8 O.D.
    RETURN BEND 5/1
    RETURN BEND RING LOADED
    TUBING-SLEEVE-CAP

If people in the industry don't know what this stuff is. I guess I am pretty much screwed. No worries though. I will figure out something. If any one has any ideas of where to go for online HVAC research I would appreciate the tips. I would be looking for glossaries, dictionaries, diagrams, common terms etc...

Post Likes
    They are very specific parts, not much market for them like that, they could be worth a lot in scrap. Are they copper, brass or aluminum?
    Why are you in charge of headers anyway??
    Oops, nevermind, let me guess.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Here is a bunch of guesses cuteness

SOUND ENCLOSURE - TOP -- maybe part of a metal compartment the compressor is installed inside of.the top sheet metal panel perhaps

SOUND WRAP - maybe a blanket to wrap around a compressor

CROSSOVER 3/8 - sounds like a jumper, 2 @ 90 degree elbow with a short straight piece, serpentine pattern of coil circuitting jumps from one row to another

CROSSOVER 5/16 as above but 5/16

CROSSOVER TUBE 3/8 O.D. - maybe the short straight piece

RETURN BEND 5/1- 180 degree bend, allows for serpentine pattern in coil. Maybe you mean 5/16?

[Edited by Carnak on 08-31-2005 at 10:30 PM]
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes
    Wow, what great info, I think Carnak wants a header.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Crossover Tubes: Maybe the pilot tube for a York roof top burner assembly... Is there a part number formatted like 123-45678-999?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    I don't have any photos of the parts. If I did I would gladly show them to you. All I have are descriptions, some of which I have put on here. I really just need to know what material this stuff is made of. I am assuming the crossovers are all tubes and would be copper. The other stuff I am not so sure of.

SOUND ENCLOSURE - TOP
    SOUND WRAP
    CROSSOVER 3/8 [macaroni looking piece of copper]
    CROSSOVER 5/16
    CROSSOVER TUBE 3/8 O.D.
    RETURN BEND 5/1 [slightly bent chunk of copper]
    RETURN BEND RING LOADED [ready to solder. ring of solder]
    TUBING-SLEEVE-CAP [the plastic sleves to protect a capilary tube?]

If people in the industry don't know what this stuff is. I guess I am pretty much screwed. No worries though. I will figure out something. If any one has any ideas of where to go for online HVAC research I would appreciate the tips. I would be looking for glossaries, dictionaries, diagrams, common terms etc...

Them are all guesses. Your cute. Thanx for the picture. Be careful around me, my Bride gets pregnant just by me thinking about it. Maybe you could talk to her about "header availability"?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Wow, what great info, I think Carnak wants a header.

Post Likes
    A header now I'm going to look at headers in a whole different way now thanks for the smile and the photo

Most manufactures are using copper so those fittings are most likely copper
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes

Smile

First off thank you Carnak for not going straight to the gutter with headers (I myself had trouble with that)... lol Second, thanks for the info. Third thanks for the laughs guys. You know Penguin I amazed that being a male you would have always thought of headers in a whole new way... What do you all think when you look at nipples?? (the fittings you know) Anyway, sorry couldn't resist.

Thank you so much for the help. Glad I could entertain you all. In response to everyones posts: The thing is I would gladly give part numbers, however due to client confidentiality rules, I can not. I am not trying to sell the parts I am just trying to learn what they are. Basically pretend I am building an AC unit (of any type) and needed to know what each part was and how it worked. By doing this it gives me the info to decide if it is a Metal fitting, flange or union, or if it is a part for a compressor, or a coil, or if it is just tubing, a heat pump, a thermostat, an igniter,or a wiring harness...etc. These are just some of the categories I have to choose from. By learning about this stuff I get my job done more accurately and as a bonus I learn about and AC unit. This would come in handy if I needed mine repaired. lol Oh and spotts I am not sure what to tell your bride... i guess some gals like it and some don't. I will have to think on this one.

I may be back with more quesitons, hopefully one of you guys can help. Take care and talk to you later.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    ... What do you all think when you look at nipples?? (the fittings you know)
    Whenever I look at nipples as a natural reaction I start to think about laying pipe. Which is not only my profession but what I enjoy doing anyways. Whether it be into a header or the female end of a Y fitting, either way it doesn't matter because I know I'll be doing something I love.

Post Likes
    lol

Very creative.

Any ideas what this description might be?

BEADED PROCESS TUBE

thanks

[Edited by ipic on 09-01-2005 at 12:01 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm
    Who are you with?? Intellecual Property Institute of Canada??

Trying to see if this guy's stealing somebodies idea??
    Now if this is associated with the government, it is a true oxymoron
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes
    very funny

Post Likes

orifices

Anyone know anything about gas water heaters? Or is this sight for blowing for hot and cold air only??

I am really jsut trying to find out about orifices... I know I am opening a new can of worms with that, but oh well... Any thoughts? I know that it has some thing to do with the pilot or the igniter am I right? Is there more then one kind of orifice?

Items I am looking at?

ORIFICE 1.55MM

ORIFICE PILOT LP .008

Post Likes
    Sorry I posted the wrong size

Post Likes

Same thing as L.P. usually just a different size

[Edited by gruntly on 09-01-2005 at 03:39 PM]

Post Likes
    Thanks gruntly.
    So wwhere on a unit would this go? With the controls like where the pilot and the igniter is?

Post Likes
    orifices go on the butrner assembly or possibly pilot assembly, which might be considered part of the burner assembly anyway. The only thing more insane than your job is the fact that I'm reading this thread. It's like a train wreck. Boy do we need the flat tax - mail it in on a postcard and put 10 million accountants out of work!
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in