Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

They are manifolds.

One example would be a piece of pipe with a bunch of smaller diameter pipes stubs branched off.

They could be used to supply cold water to a coiling coil, or to 'draw' return water from a cooling coil.

Another use would be to draw refrigerant vapour from cooling coils or or liquid refrigerant from a condensing coil.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Talking

Thank you!!! Finally something I can use. That is extremely helpful to me. I assuming that the various sizes (ie 7/8) would indicate the tube/pipe size that would be used along with the whole manifold itself?

One more thing what material would that typically be made of?
    Any thoughts on crossover tubes?
    Sound enclosures or soundwraps?
    Sorry I am just at a loss for some of these.

Who are you with?? Intellecual Property Institute of Canada??

Trying to see if this guy's stealing somebodies idea??

Nope just a tax company. Just want to know about AC parts. That is all. I am trying to learn about the components. I am trying to put all the inventory i have into a code that will measure the inflation of the items for tax purposes. This is used to determine tax informaiton submitted to the IRS. I am in the research dept of the tax company. It is my job to learn about every industry in America, and be familiar with all items. This particular client is in AC. So now I have to know everything about an AC unit, all types through the wall, split units, etc. and their parts. Some stuff is easy to find online others are not. I just need some help. Sorry to bust in on your forum here with so many quesitons. If it helps I am really hot. lol

Ok that was a little unrelated, but I just really need to get this stuff figured out.

BTW IPIC stands for Inventory Price Index Computation. Not that you would care...

You guys should just hire some one to go through it with you.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Wish I could but I can't. I am the "expert" I mean I have most things figured out, but the headers were causing me trouble. I already got all the other stuff. Like the expansion valves, the coils, the hoses, the controls, the couplings, and other fittings. etc. Basically there is only a few things I can't figure out out of the 11283 items in this list.

Anyway thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. )

http://profiles.yahoo.com/naturescandi

Here is a smile for ya!

Post some pictures of the mystery parts, especially if they are as cute as you are

Smile

I don't have any photos of the parts. If I did I would gladly show them to you. All I have are descriptions, some of which I have put on here. I really just need to know what material this stuff is made of. I am assuming the crossovers are all tubes and would be copper. The other stuff I am not so sure of.

SOUND ENCLOSURE - TOP
    SOUND WRAP
    CROSSOVER 3/8
    CROSSOVER 5/16
    CROSSOVER TUBE 3/8 O.D.
    RETURN BEND 5/1
    RETURN BEND RING LOADED
    TUBING-SLEEVE-CAP

If people in the industry don't know what this stuff is. I guess I am pretty much screwed. No worries though. I will figure out something. If any one has any ideas of where to go for online HVAC research I would appreciate the tips. I would be looking for glossaries, dictionaries, diagrams, common terms etc...

They are very specific parts, not much market for them like that, they could be worth a lot in scrap. Are they copper, brass or aluminum?
    Why are you in charge of headers anyway??
    Oops, nevermind, let me guess.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Here is a bunch of guesses cuteness

SOUND ENCLOSURE - TOP -- maybe part of a metal compartment the compressor is installed inside of.the top sheet metal panel perhaps

SOUND WRAP - maybe a blanket to wrap around a compressor

CROSSOVER 3/8 - sounds like a jumper, 2 @ 90 degree elbow with a short straight piece, serpentine pattern of coil circuitting jumps from one row to another

CROSSOVER 5/16 as above but 5/16

CROSSOVER TUBE 3/8 O.D. - maybe the short straight piece

RETURN BEND 5/1- 180 degree bend, allows for serpentine pattern in coil. Maybe you mean 5/16?

[Edited by Carnak on 08-31-2005 at 10:30 PM]

Wow, what great info, I think Carnak wants a header.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast