Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Somebody Please Help.

i just bought a new micrion gauge today. I was on a roof all day working on a a/c unit, that somebody cut the line over the winter. It has water in the line so I need to see if i'm pulling a deep vac, I can not get a reading on the micrion gauge,I had it set up in series with the vac pump it showed bars in the beginning, and then it show atm on the display no numbers at all.I am going back in the morning to work on the unit. thanks for your replyes. also on the suction drier which way does the arrow face? Toward the condenser or towards the evape? I'm finishing school in June trying to make some money.

Is it at trade school ?

ATMosphere
    SMW 104

yes a trade school

yes a trade school.

Somebody Please Help.

i just bought a new micrion gauge today. I was on a roof all day working on a a/c unit, that somebody cut the line over the winter. It has water in the line so I need to see if i'm pulling a deep vac, I can not get a reading on the micrion gauge,I had it set up in series with the vac pump it showed bars in the beginning, and then it show atm on the display no numbers at all.I am going back in the morning to work on the unit. thanks for your replyes. also on the suction drier which way does the arrow face? Toward the condenser or towards the evape? I'm finishing school in June trying to make some money.

Which micron gage did you buy ?

Supco-vg64 Digital

Does the sytem hold nitrogen pressure? If yes, then you need to change the oil in the vacuum pump and open the ballast. Pull a slow vacuum to boil off the water. If you try to pull a fast vacuum you will just freeze the water in the pipe.
    You will need to do a good triple evacuation, breaking the vacuum each time with nitrogen. Change the oil each time.
    I would only use the micron gauge on the last pull.
    As far as the suction dryer is concerned Google the maufacturers instructions and it should tell you which way to point the arrow...
    Good Luck.

The arrow points in the direction of flow. Suction driers are supposed to be temporary until the system is cleaned up, then taken out. Liquid driers are permanent. Before proceding, if you haven't already, pressurize the system with nitrogen and see if it holds pressure and doesnt have any leaks. If you really do have a lot of moisture it might take a very long time to vacuum it all out. Changing oil in your vacuum pump often will help (whenever it starts looking milky).

Why did someone cut the lines ?

I have that one. It is a piece of junk. Basically, you are gonna have to buy a female-female connector and a Tee that is female on top, male on the side, and male on the bottom. You have to leave the cap on the auxillary side of the micron gauge. Take the other cap off and use the female/female connector. On your gauge set, you need to put a Tee on your suction line. You then connect the female end of the connector from the gauge to the male Tee on the gauge. This is the only way I have been able to get mine to work properly. If my description is confusing, let me know and I'll reply again with a picture.

the dame roofer did to put a flat roof down

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast