+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing the Lake where the Levee collapsed ?? Possible ?

Post Likes
    Sandbags didnt help at all. I wonder if the Lake could be frozen solid in the area of the collapsed Levees so they can make repairs ?? In Russia some time back, they completely froze a river to make repairs.

Post Likes
    How many BTUs would you need? Someone do a Manual-J...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by scruit
    Reply: Standard rule of thumb for this mishap would indicate that Qty. 23: 200 ton Ice Skating Rink Brine Chillers at -20 f. would be required. (ill do my load calculation using Liquid Nitrogen discharged from bulk containers and get back to you later on).

Post Likes
    Ahh, there ain't no power down there dude.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

Post Likes
    The icy stare I got from my wife when I bought my motorbike would have frozen that lake over in a second...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacfella
    Originally posted by scruit
    Reply: Standard rule of thumb for this mishap would indicate that Qty. 23: 200 ton Ice Skating Rink Brine Chillers at -20 f. would be required. (ill do my load calculation using Liquid Nitrogen discharged from bulk containers and get back to you later on).
    Maybe adjust you calclations to factor in sea water and to compensate for no insulation and being in direct contact with an 80F fluid.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Originally posted by md master
    Ahh, there ain't no power down there dude.
    Reply: Ok...then scratch the Brine Chillers ; How can we apply Liquid Nitrogen to freeze the area by the Levee ??? Thats the 2 dollar question.

Post Likes
    This was done during construction of the Hoover dam. Large rods were driveninto the ground 20 degree brine. Liquid nitro would work. BTW an engineering squadron could get power and chillers airlifted.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    If they dropped boulders instead of sand the leak may be smaller already

float a ship in front of the hole---like an oil barge

Post Likes
    The best way to make a dam is logs, and could be air lifted.Temperary fix but, it would work. They are just thinking in the long term.
    Everybody knows that the strongest dams are built by beavers(0) (0).Get a couple of hooters girls and hundred or so soldiers and the water would be stopped if the right incentive was offered..LOL

Float a bunch of logs against the spillway and it would slow it down enough to drop in big sand bags.

Post Likes
    They have barges full of trash cruising around NY and NJ with nowhere to go.. Wedge a few of those in the hole..
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Post Likes
    Freezing the water, hooter girls, beavers, garbage.......hmmmmmm you guys start happy hour early huh?
    I thought Muskie was the only one here that did that.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacbear
    This was done during construction of the Hoover dam. Large rods were driveninto the ground 20 degree brine. Liquid nitro would work. BTW an engineering squadron could get power and chillers airlifted.
    Reply: Good, then its settled...we're going with Liquid Nitrogen. Could i ask you to be the Installation Foreman on the job and ill be the guy who makes sandwiches and coffee for the team .

Post Likes

I figure...........

About 200,000 boxes of Jello oughta' do it.

Post Likes
    Beavers.....
    I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left....

Post Likes
    stack Politicians and lawyers to make fill the holes in the levies...even if we have to use every politician in the world to stop the water.

Even if it don't work...at least we would get rid of the politicians and lawyers

I think the hooters girls will float...but I'll swing by hooters tonight to do some research
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Pretty funny, pooch mouth.........

Post Likes
    definetly enough lawyers up there to plug the levee
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by Diceman
    Freezing the water, hooter girls, beavers, garbage.......hmmmmmm you guys start happy hour early huh?
    I thought Muskie was the only one here that did that.
    We can throw outside rep in as a start.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes

Talking

Sounds like a plan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in