+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing the Lake where the Levee collapsed ?? Possible ?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by md master
    Ahh, there ain't no power down there dude.
    if you want to talk about providing power ...REAL POWER there for ANYTHING to be accomplished ...simply navigate any naval vessel in there and run some cables off of their power supply!

same scenario applies for opening up a soup kitchen or temporay housing for the displaced victims.
    Shuttle them to navy vessels, somewhere ... anywhere, and you will have everything they need ... right on hand.

I'm sure FEMA has already ran that scenario.

Post Likes
    Good, then its settled...we're going with Liquid Nitrogen. -------------------------------------

Oh nooooooooo, Im going with the Beaver

Post Likes
    I like the Jello plan.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    Originally posted by md master
    Ahh, there ain't no power down there dude.
    if you want to talk about providing power ...REAL POWER there for ANYTHING to be accomplished ...simply navigate any naval vessel in there and run some cables off of their power supply!

same scenario applies for opening up a soup kitchen or temporay housing for the displaced victims.
    Shuttle them to navy vessels, somewhere ... anywhere, and you will have everything they need ... right on hand.

I'm sure FEMA has already ran that scenario.
    When i was in the Navy and the ship was being overhauled (CVN-69) and the spaces on the ship were not appropriate for accomodating, they used barges that had buildings on them, they were called F.A.F.S. Floating Accomodations and Facility Supports. They were cramped, but they worked great. We used one for a year and it did the job.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacfella
    Originally posted by hvacbear
    Reply: Could i ask you to be the Installation Foreman on the job and ill be the guy who makes sandwiches and coffee for the team .

isn't he the one who gets used by the excaped prisoners, if you know what I mean.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by countryhick
    Beavers.....
    Right then... We're sending 20,000 and 200 box cars of softwood for them to gnaw on...And we don't need'em back...

Um..Did I mention the little problem about beavers building dams to raise water levels..not hold it back?

[Edited by gruntly on 09-01-2005 at 10:28 AM]
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes

[/B][/QUOTE]

When i was in the Navy and the ship was being overhauled (CVN-69) and the spaces on the ship were not appropriate for accomodating, they used barges that had buildings on them, they were called F.A.F.S. Floating Accomodations and Facility Supports. They were cramped, but they worked great. We used one for a year and it did the job. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh god I hated those things. beats the alternative though, as long as it'll float on the jello

[Edited by irishb on 09-01-2005 at 10:29 PM]

Post Likes
    nm

Post Likes
    Originally posted by irishb

When i was in the Navy and the ship was being overhauled (CVN-69) and the spaces on the ship were not appropriate for accomodating, they used barges that had buildings on them, they were called F.A.F.S. Floating Accomodations and Facility Supports. They were cramped, but they worked great. We used one for a year and it did the job. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh god I hated those things. beats the alternative though, as long as it'll float on the jello

[Edited by irishb on 09-01-2005 at 10:29 PM] [/B][/QUOTE]

Come to think of it. You know that jello that has the fruit in it? We can put the looters, crack heads, and civil miscreants in the jello, and put the FAFS on the jello. Whadda ya think? Kill 3 birds with one stone...
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes
    Originally posted by atufano
    Originally posted by irishb

When i was in the Navy and the ship was being overhauled (CVN-69) and the spaces on the ship were not appropriate for accomodating, they used barges that had buildings on them, they were called F.A.F.S. Floating Accomodations and Facility Supports. They were cramped, but they worked great. We used one for a year and it did the job.

[Edited by irishb on 09-01-2005 at 10:29 PM] [/B][/QUOTE]

Come to think of it. You know that jello that has the fruit in it? We can put the looters, crack heads, and civil miscreants in the jello, and put the FAFS on the jello. Whadda ya think? Kill 3 birds with one stone... [/B][/QUOTE]
    this plan gets more and more effecient by the second. and with all the politicians stuffed in the holes, theres no one to slow the progress w/ money making schemes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in