goodmans improved? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geezzz, can't a guy have a social evening with his honey once in a while?

OK, Goodman has increased the quality of it's product line tremendously since buying Amana. Much of the Amana technology has been transferred to the Goodman branded products.

I will put the Goodman air handlers and condensing furnaces up against any comparable equipment on the market today. Still a good value, just better then ever.

OK...so how'd I do?

Oh! Yes, I am very reliable; just ask me
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Talking

Honey! Where's the tequila!
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

those new "army" furnaces are better than the old ones. ac's too. don't they look like army green?

Glad your back, hope you had a good time, someone said you were headed to New Orleans......

The new Goodmans we have installed have been trouble free and do "loooooookkkkkkk" nice.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Originally posted by joeoilman
    those new "army" furnaces are better than the old ones. ac's too. don't they look like army green?
    I keep saying that but am told to shut up, they are architectural grey. Sure looks green to me.

I am not a Goodman dealer. This area is big Goodman territory. It's been consistantly for many yrs our primary #1 fix/replace. Premature parts and unit failures fall as much on mis-installation as the product itself. IMHO lighter weight equipment with a lighter weight price. So whats more to be expected?

With that said I think I can be quite objective to this topic thats been pretty hot in the past around here and give an answer.

When Goodman lives out the rederick and the bashing from the past. I am experienced enough to see the changes made in the equipment/warranty offer plus keeping the pricing are going to make big positive impact for them.

I'll go on record today and say in time Goodman is going to be even more of a force to be reckoned with by the other manufacturers and non dealers.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Originally posted by dec
    If he is your contractor why would you not go with what he advised? You can listen to all the advice in here you want but I dont think they will be the ones that will be putting it in or servicing it, being you already have a contractor. Everyone will tell you what they sell is better , what would you expect. If you trust your contractor , go with his advice.
    Good advice, dec.
    I was an HVAC contractor and service tech for many decades and will tell you that proper installation is the overwhelming factor. There was a lot of Goodman equipment installed in my service area and they were toward the bottom third of my service calls compred to each of the other brands.

The higher priced equipment demonstrated NO advantage over Goodman equipment, which included GMC, and Janitrol equipment.

Print the list and ask your contractor to fill in what he can.

"Request a 'TXV' fed evaporator coil!"

Filter sq. in., area? _________
    Check for duct air leaks & adequate "insulation" ______________

Check & seal return air leaks from unwanted sources _____________________

ESP External Static Pressure _____________

CFM to each room - Total CFM __________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Low side:
    Evap Air Inlet temp______
    Evap Air Outlet temp_____
    Conditioned space percent of Relative humidity _______

SST Saturated Suction Temperature (or suction pressure)

High side:
    Condenser air inlet temp____________
    Condenser air outlet temp________
    SCT Saturated Condensing Temp Ga. (saturated head pressure) _______
    Liquid line temp near condenser_____
    Liquid line temp near metering device______

Ask for the Btu/hr capacity of the unit while in operation.

http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...ator-coil.html

- Darrell

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    [B]Geezzz,
    OK, Goodman has increased the quality of it's product line tremendously since buying Amana. Much of the Amana technology has been transferred to the Goodman branded products.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD!

YOU MEAN GOODMAN HAS HAD (....DRAMATIC PAUSE..SHOCKED SIGH OF HORROR).....QUALITY PROBLEMS IN THE PAST?

OH UNCLE!

NOW I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GO BACK TO SHEEP HERDING.

[Edited by gusm on 09-02-2005 at 11:04 AM]

You never read me saying that Goodman ever had any quality issues; I said the quality has gotten even better

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Better than what????????????LOL

They are calling the new color "confederate grey" here in the South. Got that straight from a rep, but he may be doing a little leg pulling there. They have a realy good product now. I do wish they would box the 2 1/2 ton and lower h/p package units so the condenser coil would not face the wall of the home. Other than that, we have had zero defects on the new ones. Well, we had on loose fan blade at a start up, but I've seen that on higher priced units from other companies as well, and it was a 2 minute fix.

I understand any system will break down but... Just worked on an 8 month old Goodman. Locked compressor and bad condenser fan motor. Have replaced 3 condenser fan motors on new ( < 3 years ) in 1 month. Granted I have repaired at least 3 Carrier Puron leaking condenser coils in the same amount of time. Best advice Get a good Warranty no matter what you buy!! Then again I work in the same Goodman country as Paysonhvac

Since when is Pasadena, MD in the West?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12