SERIOUS ???? FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question

Ok all you business owners now that Gasoline prices are over $3.00 a gallon have any of you owners Considered the FREIGHTLINER SPRINTER VAN !!! I have on MANY PREVIOUS POSTS have spoken positively of this van because people who drive them have RAVED about them. Many of you Hvac-talk members have laughed at this van some of you have called it a Big ugly CLOWN VAN and other negative coments. BUT SERIOUSLY all you business owners can you afford to Feed your Ford Vans V-8 gas engines with gas prices at over $ 3.00 per gallon. How about some very serious answers from the Business owners on this very Real threat to BOTTOM LINE>

I would be real interested in them if really could get 25mpg but I honestly doubt they could do that loaded down with all the stuff I would have onboard. I have noticed other companies going to them around town. I like the idea that you can go 10,000 miles in between oil changes and I know diesel engines last longer. I am a few years out from replacing my truck but when it comes time I will be checking into them more if they are still around. I am hoping though that prices drop this fall. Time will tell though.

Your customers should be buying your gas. They buy your freon, don't they? I have a paid for Ford V-8 that the customer also paid for. Should I go into debt for $25,000?

Originally posted by James 3528
    Your customers should be buying your gas. They buy your freon, don't they? I have a paid for Ford V-8 that the customer also paid for. Should I go into debt for $25,000?
    James,

I looked at those damn things.....more like $34,000.00

They have thin metal doors, they are cheaply built, they are too tall and narrow. With all the stuff we haul and the high center of gravity on such a narrow chassis I will not subject my employees to the possibility of a roll over accident and personal injury.

I just bought two new Chevy's last week.......whew..can't believe I did that......I have a whole parking lot full of Ford E-350's

Bob

[Edited by HeyBob on 08-31-2005 at 11:20 AM]

We are picking up a Honda Element today. This thing will be used for me to run sales calls out in the boonies. We do a lot of work at Stratton MT. Ski Area. which is 45 miles away.

It will be used to run parts. At night one of our techs will drive it back and forth. He live 30 miles away. So he will park the van here and use the Element. It gets 26 mph. We would also use it to go to ed. seminars in Albany or Pittsfield etc.

All the seats fold flat so it could carry a 13 Seer C.U.

19 Grand.... But if it works as well as my Honda generator I will be a happy camper.

Good idea on the Honda
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Starting tomorrow, I'm riding my wife's motorcycle to work. It's a 250 Honda, and it's a blast to ride. I don't know why I haven't been doing this all along.

We don't take our trucks home.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

I agree about the Freightliner. It's soooo tall compared to the width. The metal does look pretty thin too, and it is expensive. Also, like many people here, my van weighs about 2,000 lbs more loaded than empty. Not sure the Freightliner could take the punishment.

I've talked to people around here who've gotten rid of diesel engine trucks because of the lack of good qualified diesel mechanics in the area.

So the "gay" VW Bug I drive is looking better everyday?

Diesel 1.9L engine gets 35 mpg around town. I use it when I give estimates or run errands. No sense in carring ladders, parts and tools when I go to the bank or to inspect a job.

Read, read, read!

The Freightliners are definitely growing in popularity. You see more of them out there every day. But you rarely see one being used in our business. The ones I see the most of around here are like laser toner cartridge and drapery businesses.

I guess they could probably put seats in the back and sell a few of them to basketball teams too.

Originally posted by benncool
    if it works as well as my Honda generator I will be a happy camper.

Honda builds good stuff. Got lots of old honda stuff and they all run like new. Too bad their auto's aren't a little easier on the eyes.
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Originally posted by HeyBob
    I looked at those damn things.....more like $34,000.00

They have thin metal doors, they are cheaply built, they are too tall and narrow. With all the stuff we haul and the high center of gravity on such a narrow chassis I will not subject my employees to the possibility of a roll over accident and personal injury.
    Not to mention subjecting your employees to the possibility of public embarassment for driving such a funny looking thing.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by muskie770
    [B]
    Originally posted by benncool

Honda builds good stuff. Got lots of old honda stuff and they all run like new. Too bad their auto's aren't a little easier on the eyes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

I though it was just me. I told the salesman, "This Element looks like a piece of duct work on wheels."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast