Thread: fieldpiece

Do they make good multimeters or is Fluke about the best you can buy? Trying to decide which one to get.

Frown

Bought an SC76 about 6 months ago and it is
    kaput already

I've got the SC76, had it for about 2 years now, not one problem, might be time for new leads soon, plus I like the amp clamp, and other attachments!

I have a Fluke for time when I need more accurate ohms, or volts, but otherwise, its too big, and somewhat overrated!

You get what you pay for. I personally bought the Fieldpiece stick meter about 8 years ago and still use it everyday. I've replaced the leads a few times but the meter is great. The one good thing with the Fieldpiece stick meter is you can add all the attachments to it for various different things.

Fluke is the best you can buy.

You can get ones that aren't all that large, (the "100" series DMMs) and normal sized amp clamps, (the "300" series) and even ones with all those confusing features added on that the last poster mentioned, like "DC Volts" and "frequency", and even "IMPEDANCE".OOOOOOOOOH.

(BTW, you can buy a full featured meter and still use the stuff that isn't confusing.)

Not the last poster, the one before him...

I was typing at the time.

And, dead-on, consistent accuracy and a CAT III rating are NOT EVER "overrated".