+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bilingual Techs

Post Likes
    I'm from USA but am totally fluent in Spanish due to my time in South America. I'm curious, What steps are companies taking to deal with the tremendous influx of foreign speaking people in this country.In my area, a lot of Spanish speaking home-owners are very cash rich and love to spend money on Air conditioning. I find that if I show respect to their families and culture and communicate with them in their language I sell a lot of systems. I also get recommendations from the entire family and from their friends. This typically numbers in the dozens. It seems that once one of the family buys a new system everone wants one.

And please none of the redneck "if they want to live here learn english" garbage. It's true people should speak the main language of the country that they live, but that is a perfect world and is at this moment in time contrary to reality. Providing HVAC to the immigrant communities of different languages is a key to compete with larger companies without the overhead.

Post Likes
    I am fluent in street slang and somewhat coherent in English.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I am hard of hearing, and the city I used to live in had a good numbers of deaf people so they'd call me for service since I know sign language..

They were sad to see I left the city.

Post Likes
    Put me down for one redneck comment please.

Sorry stat when the poster at McDonald's is in spanish with english in smaller letters under the spanish words. And this was in Kansas.

Post Likes
    I don't give a damn how much money they have. They are HERE. HERE, we speak English.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    I don't give a damn how much money they have. They are HERE. HERE, we speak English.
    I agree and I don't like someone setting the tone fore negativism with the "redneck" shit. WTF is up with that? You're a Redneck if you have a problem with losing your country?

Post Likes
    Yeah but guess what? In several more years minorities will increase in population.

It helps to become a bilingual tech. I'm certainly one.
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by yorkie820
    Yeah but guess what? In several more years minorities will increase in population.

It helps to become a bilingual tech. I'm certainly one.
    And you are part of the problem, for promoting this.

9. Dislikes yorkie820 disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    We have a number of minorities that speak English. And a lot of them did not when they came her. What is so special about the ones that won't?

Post Likes
    Nothing special, just an arrogant laziness. They think they're too important to take time out of their busy schedules driving like idiots to learn the language of the land.

Post Likes
    condenseddave, typical anti-minority response...

It is the ignorance that is part of the problem. FYI, I was born here and I speak both english and spanish very well. It is a very big advantage to know both languages but I would never forget my native language

Post Likes
    Nothing special, just an arrogant laziness. They think they're too important to take time out of their busy schedules driving like idiots to learn the language of the land.
    When the first act you commit is breaking the law to come here, it kind of denotes a lack of concern for learning the language and repect for the country. But hey, 1/2 of this problem is in Washington.

Post Likes
    Yes it is important to learn the language to survive in this country. But you're talking about forgetting their native language as well.

One time I was sent to Mexico for a DDC job. They sure wouldn't send ur ass there, condenseddave.

Bilingualism comes in handy....

Post Likes
    Yes it is important to learn the language to survive in this country. But you're talking about forgetting their native language as well.

One time I was sent to Mexico for a DDC job. They sure wouldn't send ur ass there, condenseddave.

As a business owner, I don't think he needs to go. Did the cops take your camera or watch?

Post Likes
    They don't deserve my ass there, Yorkie. They couldn't afford to get my ass there, either.

But, if I did decide to go to the nearest third world nation, I would make an all out attempt to learn their language. I would NOT, however, use it here to communicate with lazy slobs that don't WANT to learn our language.

Hey, if you keep it up, maybe we'll ALL have to learn Spanish in the US! What a grand tradition that would destroy.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528

As a business owner, I don't think he needs to go. Did the cops take your camera or watch?
    LMAO. Probably his a**l virginity.

Post Likes
    condenseddave, typical anti-minority response...

It is the ignorance that is part of the problem. FYI, I was born here and I speak both english and spanish very well. It is a very big advantage to know both languages but I would never forget my native language
    I happen to think Dave is right. When I was small and even now I and still meet people from Portugal, Spain, Japan and Vietnam that now are US citizen and speak English. Why is the exception being made now? Why is citizenship people worked hard for being ignored? Why do we need to adapt in our own country to them. Why is it when we go to their country we are shown zero respect? Why is it when one of them kills here and goes back across the boarder he will not be returned?

Post Likes
    Bet this one doesn't see daylight...

Post Likes
    They don't deserve my ass there, Yorkie. They couldn't afford to get my ass there, either.

But, if I did decide to go to the nearest third world nation, I would make an all out attempt to learn their language. I would NOT, however, use it here to communicate with lazy slobs that don't WANT to learn our language.

Hey, if you keep it up, maybe we'll ALL have to learn Spanish in the US! What a grand tradition that would destroy.

One other point and a damn good one I might add. The Mexicans that are illegally coming here and not learning English are not Spanish. They are Spanish speaking Indians. Which means their ancestors leaned Spanish. Spanish is not their native language but they learned it.

Post Likes
    That's an EXCELLENT point. They're bastards speaking a bastardized dialect of a truly beautiful language, in it's truest form.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in