+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bilingual Techs

Post Likes
    Of course, we do the same thing to the king's English, but, at least we're proud of it, and don't attempt to hide it.

Post Likes
    I'm not talking about NOT learning the language. To each his or her own, if they choose not to learn english, that's their problem. I'm not talking about imposing someone else's language on us.

It is important to learn english in this country, yes, absolutely. But there are situations where this happens. Yes it is nice to have a second language but not required. I'm fortunate enough to be raised in both English and Spanish.

At least have the decency to show respect to the immigrants who want to stay here and want to learn the language.

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Post Likes
    I don't ahve a problem with anyone that moves here, works hard and wants to learn and use the language, just like my ancestors did.

It's the lazy jackasses that are here, have managed to somehow develop the wherewithall to purchase a home, but refuse to speak English, or at least advance beyond broken English as a survival language.

THAT is the problem you promulgate by kowtowing to these useless wastes of American air.

Post Likes
    If you kiss their ass for money, you're nothing more than a dirty little whore.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by yorkie820
    I'm not talking about NOT learning the language. To each his or her own, if they choose not to learn english, that's their problem. I'm not talking about imposing someone else's language on us.

It is important to learn english in this country, yes, absolutely. But there are situations where this happens. Yes it is nice to have a second language but not required. I'm fortunate enough to be raised in both English and Spanish.

At least have the decency to show respect to the immigrants who want to stay here and want to learn the language.

You should go re-read the first post as how it applies to "immigrants. Let me point out some words

What steps are companies taking to deal with the tremendous influx of foreign speaking people in this country.

The word "immigrants" was injected here to legitimize illegal aliens. We have become too complacent in this country.

Post Likes
    condenseddave.....aren't we all whores by kissing customer's asses anyways?

Listen, I don't argue with racist bastards. I'm wasting my breath on your ignorace.

BTW...i'm proud of who I am...a hispanic whose ancestors came to this country and worked hard to get me a better life. What's your excuse??

Post Likes
    You can read, but not comprehend. That is the biggest problem. If I communicated the same thing to you in Spanish, you would still not comprehend.

It ain't about race.

It's about being an American. No prefixes. Just "American". Come on back when you figure out what that means.

I'm certain your ancestors knew. Somewhere along the line, someone forgot to teach you.

Post Likes

Listen, I don't argue with racist bastards. I'm wasting my breath on your ignorace.

BTW...i'm proud of who I am...a hispanic whose ancestors came to this country and worked hard to get me a better life. What's your excuse??
    I think what he is saying is that why are you making excuses for them when they are not doing what you did by speaking and writing English?

Post Likes

Couldn't tell you. I don't participate in that type of customer relations. Too much self respect.

So, you speak out loud as you type? That's bizarre.

I don't need an excuse. I've personally worked hard for everything I have. Never had a thing handed to me. I'll bet your ancestors are swelling with pride.

Post Likes
    I'll also bet your ancestors would feel exactly the same way I do about these lazy SOBs coming here and demanding to be spoken to in a foreign language. That's right, FOREIGN language.

Post Likes

Exclamation A new signature line! NICE

"Hasta la victoria siempre"

A quote by one of the SINGLE MOST ANTI-AMERICAN COMMUNIST LEADERS of all time! Fidel Castros own:::::::::::::::Che Guevara!

I guess we know the real story, now.

The race card was used, once again, as a smokescreen for the truth.

America. Love it or leave it, man.

Post Likes
    That was pretty observant Dave. ( yorkie820 signature line) Puts a new perspective on things with who you are debating with. Actually being bilingual is great! Hiring someone over someone else because they are bilingual, isn't that discrimination?

Post Likes

You should go re-read the first post as how it applies to "immigrants. Let me point out some words

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What steps are companies taking to deal with the tremendous influx of foreign speaking people in this country.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The word "immigrants" was injected here to legitimize illegal aliens. We have become too complacent in this country.

James maybe where you live there are not many people from other countries. Where I live there are like 20 different immigrant communities with their own language. Except for Central Americans most are here legally. It wasn't a cover word for illegals. And yes you should learn the language where you live.

As regards learning another language: It's usually takes 2-4 years for most people to become proficient in a language. What happens while you're learning?

Now suppose that you happened to be living in let's say Mexico, which BTW has a very large and growing American population, 1 million+. Now suppose that you needed some major repairs to your house. Even though you probaly spoke enough Spanish to get by, wouldn't you love it if the person that came to your spoke fluent english. Even though you spoke spanish, the fact that he spoke english enabled you to understand the finer points of the deal and you would surely feel more comfortable doing business with that company.

BTW There is currently huge migration of Americans moving to Mexico. I know many early retirees that are doing it.
    You sell your house here and pocket the cash. You could build a cottage on the beach or in the mountians with the equity and still have a bunch left over. 1000$ a month and you have servants in the house and get to live like a King. Eternal Margaritaville. One down side, No mobile homes allowed. ha ha ha

Post Likes
    Don't make me laugh, we are ass deep in illegals here. Your post looks like widow dressing on law breakers. Check and see which way the Cubans are going. If Americans want to move to Mexico, great. Helps both countries.

Post Likes
    See, when someone is not fully understanding the issue, they automatically condemn us and say were racist. They ask us to understand their veiwpoint, now just ask us to understand but expect us to automatically understand, but yet they refuse to see our side and simply write us off as racist. It is amazing to me. And why. Because liberal Poloticians for years have given these people a reinforced mindset that when they don't get there way, they can pin the racist card on us and that is sufficient for them to move on with getting there way.

Yorkie actually makes the case for what were saying. He is defending the same thing we are, but yet he argues the point. He says he is proud of his family coming here, working hard, making something of themselves.. Yorkie, we are proud of that too. We love the fact that your a productive citizen and at the same time one geration from the old country and your proud of your ancestral heritage. Too bad indeed that your brothers don't have the same fortitude. Why should they. You busted your ass and now giving them a free ride. Is that how you want it. Letting them get by, why you kill yourself to get ahead. What makes you any less fortunate than them.

However, you don't get the fact that those other similair acestral ties of people that you find a brotherhood with. You are a different breed. There stealing america, while your paying for it. You got to understand that you yourself must differentiate between you and other mexicans. Just cause they look like you, talk a foreign language. Thats about it. You have nothing else in common with them. You bought your right to vote with hard work, the hard work of your folks. These ciminals crossing the border are criminals, living fat off your taxes. Yet you want to make it eaier for them to make it here so you let yourself speak your native tounge. You are enabling them to remain criminals.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    I don't give a damn how much money they have. They are HERE. HERE, we speak English.
    Then we need to push for English to be the designated national language. Until then, there are no reasons that other languages can or should not become prevelant in areas with a majority of people speaking those other languages.

The fact that more people speak English so English should be the language does not hold up when more people in an area speak another language.

The first languages spoken in the area now called The United States of America were native languages which are now so remotely used that we used one of the dialects as a code language in WWII.

The next most predominant language spoken on U.S soil was Spanish. The Spanish speaking people were here long before English speaking people decided to venture on over to the Eastern shores of the U.S.

So; with the viable arguments for why everyone should be speaking English quickly turning against English being the primary language, we really need to get something passed to ensure our great grandchildren live in an English speaking nation.

Incidentaly; the English don't consider what we speak as being English but rather Americanized English.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    If you kiss their ass for money, you're nothing more than a dirty little whore.
    You just described my new life as a sales rep
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    This thread really took a turn from the OPs intention that I don't think is fair to the OP.

I have really tried to learn other languages, in vain. Five years of French and I can say "grapefruit" because it sounded sexual when my third year, drop dead gorgeous, French teacher said it.

Working around Mexicans on construction sites I really wanted to pick up Spanish. After years of listening to Spanish radio stations, watching Spanish TV and trying to learn from tapes and books has been in vain. I just cannot grasp a second language and I envy anyone who can.

Being bilingual is nothing short of being another worthwhile tool for anyone who can do so. I am amazed at how so many immigrants can speak Enlish as a second language while I can barely say "hello" to them in theirs.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    What's sorry is when an Americian woman with a bachalors degree can not find a job in Gainsville, Tx. because she can't speak spanish. Not even at Wal-Mart.

Post Likes
    This is not about the race card. This is where the misconception happens. This has nothing to do with defending my bretheren or letting people have a free ride.

Learning the language of the land is a requirement for many reasons. One, it is a means of survival and a tool to move forward. Two, it is an advantage to become bilingual. Dowadudda makes a point. Just because someone doesn't see the big picture of the issue we are labeled racist. Racism is a form of ignorance.

However, the government has made it difficult to allow immigrants into this country. After 9/11, it became worse. There has always been a problem with illegal immigrants for years now, especially coming from the Mexican border. But what you fail to see, condenseddave, is these immigrants are no different than you and I. They want a better life and want to work as hard as you and I. So you label them as criminals for crossing the borders illegally. But ask why? They want a better life too. I'm not condoning crimes but what else is an immigrant to do to come here?

BTW condenseddave, try reading about Che and what his vision was for Latin America. Watch the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries" and get back to me. Down there is a much bigger gap of the haves and the have-nots. You don't know this but he and Fidel has a fallout in Cuba during the early years. So don't talk to me about how smokescreen. Why don't you talk to Mr. 9/11-commission smokescreen guy who we call the president.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in