+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looters after the devastation

Post Likes
    I can't sit here and say I don't agree with the thinking you guys got. Cause I share the same veiwpoints. But all too often I get trigger happy wth my thoughts, and usually because of the way I am, I am comfortable with bold statements and opinions I do own, but.

Hey, I said, stealing jewelry and shoes and stuff. Shoot em. Pick em off with a Fully automatic weapon.

But the food thing. And don't think I don't know what your saying. I do. I think, before I have a concrete opinion I need to be patient and wait for this situation to stabalize before I got tottaly left on this one issue of taking food out of the grocery stores. I just want to caution all of us from the bleachers that we, sit here and don't fully understand the depth of the situation as of today even with spot on News coverage. We just don't know all the details yet of all whats happening to the people down there. As a matter of fact, I beleive as the water receds and clean up begins, there is going to be a lot of dead people discovered.

Just a warning of caution, just a reminder that we need to have atleast a few ounces of compassion, if it is only for the moment when seeing this uncivilized behavior. I only say the grocery store looting is acceptable at thjis point, but just out and out trying to walk off with jewelry and TVS and such. What an embarrasment. These people are the types that are constatly screaming to be given a leg up in life by us more fortunate, yet when you see them taking advantage of tragedy, I become extremely opinionated. If you catch my drift,

Post Likes
    And I could see taking food and water, maybe some dry clothes but that's it. It is chaos down there, no communications no info no utilities, nuttin, like Iraq without all the suicide bombers.

Pretty poor planning on many levels.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    so, is there agreement on this Thread?

shoot anyone walking away with a plasma TV

Post Likes

Ya won't have to

They will drown from the weight of it.

Post Likes
    Ok so tell me , What is the opinion of what to do with the guy that was walking out of the store carrying 20-30 fishing poles? Does that fit under food if he says to you the saying, give a man a fish and he can eat now, teach a man to fish and he can eat forever. Im sure thats not exactly the saying but you know what I mean. Is that it .....no food so he is going fishing, Oh and taking his 20 buddies?

Post Likes
    I got a slow day going on here, which is good cause gas prices are changing by the hour. SO I am glued to the Tube.

The stories and pictures are just overwhelming to me.

I mean. I am at a loss. I mean HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT. This is just a terrible terrible tradegy going on. How do you overnight just go from living to nothing.

Yeagh Ed, piss poor planning for sure. And they have been planning for years. But, Again, I caution the tone of all of our critiques for the short while, because, I just don't know if you can plan for something this bad. Maybe you can. I dunno. I barely know my own job sometimes.

Oh BTW. Detroit Metro will be at 4 bucks a gallon by Friday AM. Wife just filled up, nothing under $3.35 in the western suburbs. I was told that cars are lined up at the pumps all across town. There saying by rush our it will look like the oil embargo times of the late 70's.

Post Likes
    Looting is the worst when some poor bastard goes back to what is left of his home, only to find the few things he had left in the world were stolen by someone else.

What goes around comes around, be a lot of junkies going through some major withdrawl soon.

Be no shortage of work for some one who truly wants to get off of welfare either.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Carnak

What goes around comes around, be a lot of junkies going through some major withdrawl soon.

Scary, I was just thinking the same thing.

Post Likes
    I do think people should prepare too. I cannot understand how someone is resourceful enough to find something to do with a plasma TV when there is no power could not scrape together 100$ for a few days worth of food and water.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lowtemp
    well its the old cliche 'desperate times call for desperate measures' Most of the looters are people who have been oppressed their whole lives and are blaming it on society by stealing. Unfortunately, nothing will ever change that.
    I am watching film right now. These are the fattest oppressed people I have ever seen. They can't leave but they can haul off television sets.

Post Likes
    Try and find an ATM that works or a bank that is open to give you some money right now.

If you find one that is open, imagine the lines just to be able to go get a BANK IMPOSED EMERGENCY limit of say $100.

After Ivan I sent my wife up for supplies, I had $25 in my pocket, all banks were closed, could not get to my own money.

She maxed out our credit cards and borrowed a lot of cash off her parents. Credit card was useless to me here, phone lines down.

The situation there is far more desperate than scraping up a few days worth of food and water. We got by on the borrowed cash for a couple weeks.

If you were relying on yourself, you would need a few weeks worth stockpiled.

[Edited by Carnak on 08-31-2005 at 12:32 PM]
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes
    When ever it looks like it is getting close I draw about $4,000 out of the bank and can get more in other towns. Load the guns a gas stove and the chain saw and very little else. I have seen people loading up the contents of their house. Not me. I lived in tents and under the stars off and on for 12 years.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 08-31-2005 at 12:23 PM]

Post Likes
    As far as the looters go I say food and water is ok somewhat, stealing is stealing no matter what. But what I saw on the news was shapping carts full of stereos, purses, shoes, clothes and other things that you don't need to survive. When it comes right down to it, the people who were looting in New Orleans were only a few miles from a convoy of emergency vehicles and a convoy of Southern Baptist relief workers stocked with meals. I don't know about you but I think I rather trek a few miles to get relief supplies than steal it. I went through Charlie last year, I lost everything during Andrew in '92 but didn't have to resort to stealing to survive. I prepared beforehand and when those supplies were gone I accepted help from others offering it. I guess the only difference is that I have a conscious and a code of values that I do not wnat to mess up.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    NBC said it best. The calvary is there, they have help, they have food.
    America doesn't let people starve. Where is the International aid? Where is the UN? Watch the TV's and DVD player still get gone.
    We got some private international aid, mainly from companies with branches here, or companies abroad that do business with us.

Private funds were set up that collected money from abroad.

Britain did not do much at all, we had the Royal Navy here for a few days, they gave us some tarps, tetnus vaccines, and some water purifying tablets then left.

A rich widow here gave three million dollars, I think she did more than any country.

Post Likes
    Everything is apreciated.

Post Likes
    I'd like to see the hurricane take the looters and their booty on a nice little journey

Post Likes
    I say hang them by their necks when caught until there dead and put one of those stolen necklaces on there neck, you know my Bible says your reap what you sow, yes if its food if I were a cop i would say get some but if I saw your a$$ walking out "or swimming out" of a jewelry store I would blow your A$$ in a hundred pieces.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    So your bible condones killing people?

Post Likes
    You sure it ain't the Koran you been reading?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    So your bible condones killing people?
    I am sure under certain conditions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in