New guy from SW states

New guy from SW states

Hello all!. I've been in the business for just 10 years now. Got my start banging tin. Asked the boss the fastest way to get a raise. He said learn how to fix this crap we're putting in (almost an exact quote) so I went to trade school (RSI in Phoenix) graduated and started doing commercial and industrial service and maintenance. I've been fortunate to work for outfits that provided complete maintenance in the energy, and mining sectors so I got a lot of cross training. Currently working for an outfit that does primarily supermarket stuff, again with an emphasis on being a complete maintenance shop so after I get the rack back online, I get to go fix the combi oven in the deli, then get on the roof to get the RTU back up and running, and I finish my day off repairing the trash compactor. all sorts of fun. Looking forward to contributing here.
    Thanks!

It takes ten years to see everything and then another ten trying to remember how you fixed it the first time.

so when did yo graduate RSI? Im a 09 from RSI ( I really enjoyed going there).. I have done everything before this, I usually dont have to call no one to fix anything at my house. Its usually when I dont have the tool or I dont know, lol. I pulled in 68 hours last week on calls. I think Im over 40 now. Small company, lots of customers. Its tough but im handling it ok.

Graduated back in 02 or 03 (I think, it seems like so long ago) I really enjoyed it too. I know what you mean about long hours. (I keep telling my boss that I budget for 40 hours and he's throwing me off with all this o.t.) I've hit the point though where I don't want to touch anything at my house. I figure I'm fixing other peoples problems all day long, the last thing I want to do when I get home is more work.

Welcome!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!