Confused JB Manifold Gauges

Hello,

I just bought the JB Zepplin 4-valve aluminum manifold (25250) and would like to get an opinion on the gauges. I ordered the 3-1/8" Liquid filled Gauges.

When I opened the box, the gauges were liquid filled. While the OD of the gauges are 3-1/8", the display is about 2-9/16".

I thought they must have shipped the wrong set. I sent JB an e-mail and was told that they don't sell a 2-1/2" liquid filled gauge and that my order was correct.

I'm a little disappointed because I have a couple of other true 3-1/8" gauges and like the larger display.

I think it is a little deceptive to sell that as larger gauge based on OD because I can throw a protective boot on a 2.5 and have the same size, but it doesn't gain me anything.

Has anyone purchased this P/N before or have a true 3-1/8 Liquid gauge from JB? Just sort of feeling for opinions.

Thanks,

Matt

Heh heh. My girlfriend bought a 32" plazma TV from Wally World. I was just teasing when I got out the tape measure and showed her that the screen measured 27 1/2" Diagonally. Hoo Hoo. Was she upset! Called the store, chewed on everyone, called the Corp. Headquarters. Be careful. What you want ain't always what you get.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

must...resist....jokes on telling women sizes...must keep to myself....

aw cmon,,,,,,,,,,
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........