Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,594

    Battle for Wisconsin , Battle for America

    so basically, the state was going bankrupt so the people voted in Republicans to take a conservative approach.

    they tried to cut back on leeching state jobs and the Socialists said "nope!"
    now, Socialists from all over the country are going to the state to try to tell the politicians and the public how the state is gong to be run.

    for some reason , they feel that people who earn 20K per year, all have to chip in so a bunch of lazy asses in the unions can have a nice over-paid life.

    where i live, the police department is now starting at 100K per year, they give everyone tickets and talk about the 2% who ever see a gun battle.
    the news just did a story on life guards who earn 200K per year, kickin' back on the beach.
    the teachers can't even boast that they have a high graduation rate.


    3 Wisconsin republican politicians are up for recall.
    Wisconsin should be under voter fraud alert.
    why would a group of people who think they have the right to be a higher class than the general public want fair elections?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    11,993
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    so basically, the state was going bankrupt so the people voted in Republicans to take a conservative approach.

    they tried to cut back on leeching state jobs and the Socialists said "nope!"
    now, Socialists from all over the country are going to the state to try to tell the politicians and the public how the state is gong to be run.

    for some reason , they feel that people who earn 20K per year, all have to chip in so a bunch of lazy asses in the unions can have a nice over-paid life.

    where i live, the police department is now starting at 100K per year, they give everyone tickets and talk about the 2% who ever see a gun battle.
    the news just did a story on life guards who earn 200K per year, kickin' back on the beach.
    the teachers can't even boast that they have a high graduation rate.


    3 Wisconsin republican politicians are up for recall.
    Wisconsin should be under voter fraud alert.
    why would a group of people who think they have the right to be a higher class than the general public want fair elections?
    You don't say. Unbelievable. Must change the name to Oz and the Governor is the Wizard of Oz. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    What is happening in Wisconsin really does prove that Socialists have absolutely no respect or regard for democratic process.

    Just like O'Bummer ignored the will of the majority of American citizens when he pushed O'Bummercare through a partison congress in which he even had to bribe a few of the Democrats to get it through, Socialist are now swamping Wisconsin to ignore and disregard the voters of that state who voted the Socialists out of office. Strange days have found us;

    Strange days have found us
    Strange days have tracked us down
    They're going to destroy
    Our casual joys
    We shall go on playing
    Or find a new town

    Yeah!

    Strange eyes fill strange rooms
    Voices will signal their tired end
    The hostess is grinning
    Her guests sleep from sinning
    Hear me talk of sin
    And you know this is it

    Yeah!

    Strange days have found us
    And through their strange hours
    We linger alone
    Bodies confused
    Memories misused
    As we run from the day
    To a strange night of stone
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What is happening in Wisconsin really does prove that Socialists have absolutely no respect or regard for democratic process.

    Just like O'Bummer ignored the will of the majority of American citizens when he pushed O'Bummercare through a partison congress in which he even had to bribe a few of the Democrats to get it through, Socialist are now swamping Wisconsin to ignore and disregard the voters of that state who voted the Socialists out of office. Strange days have found us;

    Strange days have found us
    Strange days have tracked us down
    They're going to destroy
    Our casual joys
    We shall go on playing
    Or find a new town

    Yeah!

    Strange eyes fill strange rooms
    Voices will signal their tired end
    The hostess is grinning
    Her guests sleep from sinning
    Hear me talk of sin
    And you know this is it

    Yeah!

    Strange days have found us
    And through their strange hours
    We linger alone
    Bodies confused
    Memories misused
    As we run from the day
    To a strange night of stone
    Geezus Robo, my FB friend........I sure could have used your wit and wisdom on the FB while I was getting attacked for actually having the balls to come out in support of Walker.


    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Geezus Robo, my FB friend........I sure could have used your wit and wisdom on the FB while I was getting attacked for actually having the balls to come out in support of Walker.


    Sorry I missed that. What's an FB?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    so basically, the state was going bankrupt so the people voted in Republicans to take a conservative approach.

    they tried to cut back on leeching state jobs and the Socialists said "nope!"
    now, Socialists from all over the country are going to the state to try to tell the politicians and the public how the state is gong to be run.

    for some reason , they feel that people who earn 20K per year, all have to chip in so a bunch of lazy asses in the unions can have a nice over-paid life.

    where i live, the police department is now starting at 100K per year, they give everyone tickets and talk about the 2% who ever see a gun battle.
    the news just did a story on life guards who earn 200K per year, kickin' back on the beach.
    the teachers can't even boast that they have a high graduation rate.


    3 Wisconsin republican politicians are up for recall.
    Wisconsin should be under voter fraud alert.
    why would a group of people who think they have the right to be a higher class than the general public want fair elections?
    So you are saying that a grocery store clerk making $20k should not help pay for, let us say a teacher that spent many years and much money to become educated and qualified to teach? Do you think any person working for a wage paid for by the public should be paid the same as the lowest paid taxpayer?

    Not sure about your $100,000 starting wage for your entry police position or your $200,000 life guard position bu a quick search of Wisconsin, police, starting, wage, the first link came up with this.
    Entry Level Police Officer - Madison, WI
    Closing Date
    On Going

    Salary Range
    $42,551 - $60,858
    http://www.indeed.com/q-Police-Offic...nsin-jobs.html

  7. #7
    Printer, It would be detrimental to the alliance that Washington has to Wall St to publish actual numbers of already laid off public service workers across the US.

    In a overview it is called the debt of America and the costs are very high when growth was induced by living in a credit bubble which burst.
    FEN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So you are saying that a grocery store clerk making $20k should not help pay for, let us say a teacher that spent many years and much money to become educated and qualified to teach? Do you think any person working for a wage paid for by the public should be paid the same as the lowest paid taxpayer?

    Not sure about your $100,000 starting wage for your entry police position or your $200,000 life guard position bu a quick search of Wisconsin, police, starting, wage, the first link came up with this.


    http://www.indeed.com/q-Police-Offic...nsin-jobs.html
    I'll say it; NO! A grocery store clerk has no obligation to help pay for anyone else's vocation. The amount of time, effort and expense that goes into our training needs to be offset by the amount of income we can generate from that effort. If a person going into the teaching profession has spent more on being trained to be a teacher then they can make back from teaching in a public school system, then they should go into a private school system. The facts are that too many of the teachers in the public school system have not been educated well enough to go into a private teaching venue because they did not put forth the amount of time, effort or money to do so.

    No! It is wrong for the average private sector worker to have to pay for public projects that are designed to promote socialist agendas that will create more expense on the average private sector worker. All that does is to create more users and less providers.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    11,993
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So you are saying that a grocery store clerk making $20k should not help pay for, let us say a teacher that spent many years and much money to become educated and qualified to teach? Do you think any person working for a wage paid for by the public should be paid the same as the lowest paid taxpayer?

    Not sure about your $100,000 starting wage for your entry police position or your $200,000 life guard position bu a quick search of Wisconsin, police, starting, wage, the first link came up with this.


    http://www.indeed.com/q-Police-Offic...nsin-jobs.html
    Give me a break printer. What makes a teacher who gets one of the easiest degrees in college worthy of special treatment. Get the government out of education where non performing and yes ignorant and very ignorant teachers get paid large salaries for "working" 9 months out of the year teaching PC BS to our kids and only teach to the bottom third of the class.

    Some day I might just tell you what I really think of public education and how they waste our money and the kids get screwed and kicked out for having a baseball bat or a BB gun in there car. Choose another example and leave teachers out of it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    1,241
    The problem isn't that the rest of us have to pay fair salaries to those in government who "serve" the good of the rest of us.

    The problem is when those in government fail to serve the good of the rest of us, are being paid a salary or benefits package that is far out of line with that earned by the rest of us, and are managed by others who have no interest in what's good for the rest of us.

    I'm a government employee. I see from the inside that there are two Americas and the government no longer serves the citizens, it is now the other way around.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Give me a break printer. What makes a teacher who gets one of the easiest degrees in college worthy of special treatment. Get the government out of education where non performing and yes ignorant and very ignorant teachers get paid large salaries for "working" 9 months out of the year teaching PC BS to our kids and only teach to the bottom third of the class.

    Some day I might just tell you what I really think of public education and how they waste our money and the kids get screwed and kicked out for having a baseball bat or a BB gun in there car. Choose another example and leave teachers out of it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Special treatment in what way? And who says they take the easiest degrees? If all the teachers only took the easy courses who are the people teaching the hard courses? Not other teachers from the sound of it.

    I tend to disagree there Glen. Stood up in front of the old white board and entertained the kiddies myself (OK they were an older bunch). It would have been nice to get three months off, might have stayed if that were the case. Might have made up for all those hours at night I put in for the next day's class. Assignments do not just mark themselves.

    The thing that is wrong with public education is the parents. Shame on the teacher that picks on their kid, gives them poor marks, makes them actually do some work. It is not like the school is their to back up the teacher. The administration want the least amount of course content and hours per course so they can give more courses to the teacher to deliver. It makes the system more productive. Well unless you consider the student.

    Just think what some parent will do if they found out the school let kids bring weapons to school. Pretty sure the politicians and media will be there raising hell on the school.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I'll say it; NO! A grocery store clerk has no obligation to help pay for anyone else's vocation. The amount of time, effort and expense that goes into our training needs to be offset by the amount of income we can generate from that effort. If a person going into the teaching profession has spent more on being trained to be a teacher then they can make back from teaching in a public school system, then they should go into a private school system. The facts are that too many of the teachers in the public school system have not been educated well enough to go into a private teaching venue because they did not put forth the amount of time, effort or money to do so.

    No! It is wrong for the average private sector worker to have to pay for public projects that are designed to promote socialist agendas that will create more expense on the average private sector worker. All that does is to create more users and less providers.
    So a backhoe operator puts out X amount of dollars for his machine he is not allowed to charge a grocery store clerk the cost of doing the clerk's driveway? What is this communism?

    I find it odd that you would not have qualified teacher considering the large selection of university graduates that you put out every year. Oh I forgot, all those people went into private schools.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Aussie student finds universe's 'missing mass'

    A 22-year-old Australian university student has solved a problem which has puzzled astrophysicists for decades, discovering part of the so-called "missing mass" of the universe during her summer break.

    Undergraduate Amelia Fraser-McKelvie made the breakthrough during a holiday internship with a team at Monash University's School of Physics, locating the mystery material within vast structures called "filaments of galaxies".

    Monash astrophysicist Dr Kevin Pimbblet explained that scientists had previously detected matter that was present in the early history of the universe but that could not now be located.

    "There is missing mass, ordinary mass not dark mass ... It's missing to the present day," Pimbblet told AFP.

    "We don't know where it went. Now we do know where it went because that's what Amelia found."
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/aussie-stud...080102518.html

    Amazing she did it while attending a publicly funded school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event