Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty2010 View Post
    those are sullair units bet they are noisy as hell at idle because of the compersser gear train have u had to add gas to it every yr or do u do it every few yrs
    interesting, sullaire, that is. i have a pair of 500 hp sullaire twin screw electrics, that really aren't that loud, compared to the 2 500hp vilter single screws they're next to.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by 87lt1monte View Post
    Wow I wish I could see them with big block Chevys!! I have only seen them with CAT engines..

if u had cat engines then u had a ht 1000 ton unit

build date of 1993
    43,000 hours
    2ed set of Engines

Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty2010 View Post
    if u had cat engines then u had a ht 1000 ton unit
    or a 500 ton DX unit with a 34 series

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    interesting, sullaire, that is. i have a pair of 500 hp sullaire twin screw electrics, that really aren't that loud, compared to the 2 500hp vilter single screws they're next to.
    i think the sullaire's u have don't have the gear train like ours do the ones we used where more like the package trailer style compressors for construction

heavyduty

My experience with the Tecogens has been beyond horrible ! Sorry to rain on anyones sugar coating, but those machines can be a tech's worst nightmare. Brand new startup with the factory rep in the mid 90's , the starters all burnt up...they couldn't turn the engines and compressors coupled together. Then the exhaust from one engine running caused highly acidic water to fill up in the engines of the chillers not used at the time. Then the exhaust heat exchangers ruptured and filled the engines with water again, then the engine and compressor oil heat exchangers (located in a horrible position underneath the hips of the machines) decided to clog with mud from the cooling tower water, Then the vibration of the machines caused the emission control computers (rigidly mounted on the vibrating metal deck of the chiller) to fail one by one until we modified thier mounts with rubber feet, then the fuel mixture valves in the carbs failed, then an engine dropped an intake valve which smashed a hole in the piston, then another chiller broke an oil line and caused a huge fire in the mechanical room, knocking out the main breakers and the power feeds for the elevators...yeah, those Tecos are awesome !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12