Confused

This customer has a 1984 Amana eghw100dc3 which heats the house with forced air and heats domestic hot water. He wants to replace it with a simular unit. Anybody know of a manufacturer who makes this combination. Also can anyone tell me what size blower this unit has. I have had no luck from any of my sources so far. Thanks for the help. Been a hot long summer up on the roof.

Rooftop man
    Rooftop man.

The blower in that unit is capable of moving 1200 CFM @ a .6" external static pressure on high speed.

It has a 1/2 H.P, 3 speed motor rated at 6.67 F.L.A.

I don't think you will find anything similar to that set up,I would start suggesting different options.

Lennox had something similar to the HTM but I believe they discontinued it also.

[Edited by davidr on 08-29-2005 at 08:42 PM]
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

i think it was a co called polaris that was making them for lennox. might try a search for them.

We installed them they were the HTM, Glowcore made something like them, also Lennox Complete Heat(or INCOMPLETE HEAT)lawsuits and problems big time.Boiler and fan coil and indirect.Weil Mclain or Munchkin are nice for DV boiler.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

There a several combo units that you could look at to give you hot water and feed a hyrdo-air heating coil in your air handler. Wall hungs from Baxi Luna and Monitor come to mind. You also have WH tanks with HX coils built in for heat from A.O. Smith and Bradford White (These do not have a long lifespan). Triangle Tube has gas and oil combo's that that have a stainless steel inner tank for HW surrounded and heated by boiler water in a steel outer tank. Small wall hung boilers like the Munchkin can be placed over a low-boy indirect tank. All of these can be direct vented.

thats for the infor everyone
    Rooftop man.

Replacement

You may want to check out http://www.koolfireusa.com