Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: crack is back

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Do you think a crack-head is smart enough to do that... They might be.. however I kinda doubt it...

Most of the folks I see at the metal recycling place probably do not even have an Email address... most of them do not have smart phones.
    And there is NO white coller crime Can you prove it was a crack-head who did this ? Seems to be a well planned job. Crack-heads with extension ladders ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    And there is NO white coller crime Can you prove it was a crack-head who did this ? Seems to be a well planned job. Crack-heads with extension ladders ?
    Point well taken...

A copper theft job where folks strip an entire roof of multiple RTU's, and take literally ALL the CO... I agree, it is not a crack-head... Good point.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Point well taken...

A copper theft job where folks strip an entire roof of multiple RTU's, and take literally ALL the CO... I agree, it is not a crack-head... Good point.
    I do agree with you on crack-heads not selling on Ebay
    I do disagree with myself as far as white coller. They should be smart enough to take the compressors. So I guess that leaves us somewhere in the middle.

This just happened again at a job where we replaced all the old units 3 years ago due to stolen coils.

8--20tonners and 4--15 tonners. All the condenser coils are gone..

hmmm from thread heading I was thinking the subject was about someones girlfriend or wife coming backkk..........ahhh never mind.

I drive by an out of business Long John Silvers every day on a large busy 4 lane street, and about 3 weeks ago I noticed from the road, just at a causal glance that someone had tore down their 2 rooftops. Those idiots did it in plain sight of a busy street lol.

The scrap yard around here sends checks in the mail too. You can apply to get your cash in hand but you have to be a business that legitimately deals with scrap and to get the go ahead for the cash, every employee that brings in scrap must have finger prints, an id and proof of address on file. You have no idea how many crappy looks I get from the guys who scrap freelance when they pull the bills out for me.

Addicts are smart enough to ebay - but they aren't patient enough to wait to sell it. They need the money right away for the next fix, coppers a fast turnover for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123