Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crack is back

The thieves are really gutsy around here.
    An Office Depot on the SE side of town, got hit while they were open for business. In the middle of the day!!! Buy the time it got hot inside, these guys were long gone.

A closed down walmart here had 18 rooftop units stripped out.

Most likely aint crack coming back...because in reality it never left....

The problem today is meth....its cheaper than crack and is just as highly addictive.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

The worst I have seen up here, was someone took and ice pick to 18 new condenser coils on RTU's. Lots of work, to change them out.

Never seen one stripped that pretty...usually there is crap everywhere....mustve been an inside job...

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    The worst I have seen up here, was someone took and ice pick to 18 new condenser coils on RTU's. Lots of work, to change them out.
    that sounds like revenge attack or something..they did not take them? Just pierced the coils?

i think it is time that they stop the scrap yard from buying coils unless they come from a licensed company

Those Trane scrolls are worth alot more then that alum/copper scrap. Dumb crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    i think it is time that they stop the scrap yard from buying coils unless they come from a licensed company
    This is the answer IMO... However it also appears the cheap copper going to China is part of sustaining the world economy... SO: It appears the world economy is more important than resolving theivery in the USA.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Those Trane scrolls are worth alot more then that alum/copper scrap. Dumb crooks.
    Yeah, but how does a thief fence a Trane scroll?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah, but how does a thief fence a Trane scroll?
    Ebay / Craig's List

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Was talking to out shop apprentice (soon to be a journeyman!) about how we now have a standing order not to throw anything out for the scrap guys. Instead we are to separate and keep it all. The money will then be distributed as "profit sharing" Its his job to scrap out the old units and separate the parts. He was telling me that if you drive into Omni Source with a work truck you are cool but drive in with a personal vehicle and they will question you up and down along with that you must fill out a form stating where and why you have the scrap. the company got into a deep mess in INDY when they took scrap they knew was stolen and some local cops where on the take also.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ebay / Craig's List
    Do you think a crack-head is smart enough to do that... They might be.. however I kinda doubt it...

Most of the folks I see at the metal recycling place probably do not even have an Email address... most of them do not have smart phones.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

A Dollar General had this happen to their package units right here in little ol Marion, Texas a couple years ago. 3 or 4 package units on the ground!
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast