Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking

I just clicked on one for Northern NJ.

I cannot IMAGINE going to work for a company that puts up the following ad, without the use of a spell checker, not to mention the benefit of third grade grammar.

I'm supposed to take this outfit seriously???

Give me a break. Anyone that entertains the thought of going to work at a place like this won't be a top "knotch" technician.

What is this world coming to?

HVAC-Talk.com ad for service techs
    Top Rate Service Technician

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
    CW#: 223634
    Classified Type: Jobs Available
    Classified Description: Are you happy where you are currently employed. Chances are if you are looking here the answer is no! we are a union shop in northern New Jersey searching for two top knotch service mechanics. Mechanics should be self motivated and able to work on a wide aray of equipment. We are a six year old company under new management and expanding rapidly. We realize that all good mechanics are currently employed elsewhere and are willing to put forth every effort to make a transition painless and benificial to all parties. looking forward to hearing from you to discuss what we can do for each other.

Wish I could've marked this retarded crap with red ink.

looks like i did the spell check lol

Posting to a forum is ONE thing, but this is, apparently, a serious attempt at hiring top "knotch" technicians.

It pisses me off to think that this company has such little respect for prospective employees that they don't even bother to check an ad before it's posted.

You know. Some good looking girl that has the hots for you and dad owns a liquor store could have written that.

Besides...it's New Jersey.

we are a union shop in northern New Jersey

I dont know how Union shops are set up in New Jersey but here in Cali there is much more to becoming a Journeyman in a union shop than answering an ad for a job. And the out of work list a never ending list of people waiting to get called for work

That's just how they talk in New Jersey.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by condenseddave
    I just clicked on one for Northern NJ.

I cannot IMAGINE going to work for a company that puts up the following ad, without the use of a spell checker, not to mention the benefit of third grade grammar.

I'm supposed to take this outfit seriously???

Give me a break. Anyone that entertains the thought of going to work at a place like this won't be a top "knotch" technician.

What is this world coming to?

HVAC-Talk.com ad for service techs
    Top Rate Service Technician

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
    CW#: 223634
    Classified Type: Jobs Available
    Classified Description: Are you happy where you are currently employed. Chances are if you are looking here the answer is no! we are a union shop in northern New Jersey searching for two top knotch service mechanics. Mechanics should be self motivated and able to work on a wide aray of equipment. We are a six year old company under new management and expanding rapidly. We realize that all good mechanics are currently employed elsewhere and are willing to put forth every effort to make a transition painless and benificial to all parties. looking forward to hearing from you to discuss what we can do for each other.

Dave:
    Just another sorry example of the state of business that demonstrates the absolute need of proofreaders. I often have someone who is competent check my work especially when I want the message to be accurate and clear. Much of the written material today is full of clerical errors simply because no one cares enough to proofread it.
    Fred

Well I would be looking for a business that I thought I would enjoy working for and one with advancment, benefits and that you would be learning new things. If I was worried about their grammer and spelling ....... I would go back to school myself. Sorry but forget it Im not that interested at this part of my life.

I have a friend that lives in a 5 million dollars house in the 3rd riches neighborhood in the country. He owns over 90 residential and city water systems. His grandfather is responsible for his wealth and he did good also with the money. They were and still are water well drilling people and grandpa is dead. This grandfather could not read or write. One time the IRS came to audit him and he took them into the back room and showed the auditor cardboard boxes. "He said them over there is what I owe and them over there is who owes me. I wish I could help you. " After a short time the guy just left.

Perhaps if there are enough negative posts about his ad he will quit paying for it.

Now who is acting like Norm??????
    Anyway, like they said, it's Jersey.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast