Scroll over charge

Came across my 3rd scroll in as many weeks that has been overcharged. Readings all over the map and fluctuating before recover, evacuation and recharge. Two have air flow issues in the home that would cause low load that would appear as undercharge. Is this common on scroll compressors?

did you intend to put this in

New Member Introduction and Site Rules Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself Register Here DO NOT POST SITE QUESTIONS HERE!!

welcome aboard
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Welcome!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Overcharge and air flow issues are common, scroll has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggs View Post
    Came across my 3rd scroll in as many weeks that has been overcharged. Readings all over the map and fluctuating before recover, evacuation and recharge. Two have air flow issues in the home that would cause low load that would appear as undercharge. Is this common on scroll compressors?
    Did your co. install these? Did you try another MGA ? You won't get many answers until you get your post count up and prove that you're not a maintenance man.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbertca View Post
    Overcharge and air flow issues are common, scroll has nothing to do with it.
    +1. BILLION

Not sure what you mean by post count. What is someone posting to prove themselves. To answer your question my company did not install any of these units. We were called in after other companies had condemed the units. I wasn't asking for a solution to a specific problem. We got all three units working correctly. My question was related to the scroll compressors and how they act with overcharge. On the 2nd unit even called a local guy with 30 plus years and ask if it was possible for overcharge to cause the symptoms and he had to come see for himself to believe. At first he said scroll had nothing to do with it. Changed his mind after seeing the compressor perform after removing 3 times required charge.