PVC Thread Sealant Needed

Our Plumber quit, so I got this. In a lab they have a Blue Catch basin under the sink, in case something goes down the drain that wasn't supposed too. There is a Blue Nylon, 2" FPT fitting welded to the Basin. Threaded into that is a Blue PVC nipple. I can't stop it from leaking with Teflon tape. What plastic safe Sealant can I use, on what probably is a stretched Nylon fitting?

Any thing with teflon in it, or maybe even a combination of tape and pipe dope with teflon. Seems to me most PTCs say right on the can if it can be used on PVC or not. Are you sure you don't have a crack, it's hard to beleive that even with no sealent on it it wouldn't leak since there is no actual pressure on it.

Just had another thought, do you have any silicone caulk handy. I have used that on threads before, they can be a little harder to break loose later but it's worth a try if the other doesn't work.

Rectorseal T-2 or Tru-Blue. I never have good luck with teflon tape.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

I like the silicone method as per kls. Thick and good sealing properties but low strength so it can be dismantled.

Female plastic fitting stink. They either stretch or crack.

are you using the yellow or red teflon tape

they're both thicker than white
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Plumbers putty

I've had good luck on PVC with silicon or Yellow Teflon
    If you help others then you are a Success

What I really need to do is use a Hot Glue gun and Hair Dryer on it. I'm sure the lab people are twisting the fitting everytime they work the union, that's on the other end of the nipple. There's a lever to open the drain, that's on the other side of the Basin. It can have three feet of water on the fitting, before the sink over flows.

Permatex non-hardening sealant.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Just glue it with PVC cement on it like one of my competitors did on a 52 Unit building's air handlers. Glues the threaded fitting right to the drain pans. Unreal.

I've done up to 2" with real tuff a teflon based thread sealant but I'd expect any pipe dope to work.

Just a little update. The 2" Nylon fitting that's welded to the plastic catch basin is not tapered. Also the lab workers aren't using the back-up wrench, that we supplied, on the Union nipple. Thirdly they are using the nipples as handles when they pull the basin to clean it.