Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: super dome

Well at least they will know where all the bodies are when that thing colapeses from the force of the wind and water. Hell why would they be giving the impression that its safe from the hurricane when they have no idea it will hold up under those conditions. DUMB Just like the twin towers no one thinking they might collapse. OH well their can sue the city or government for giving the false impression its safe in the superdome if something catstrofic does happen. The laywers will be there as soon as the storm is gone.

That sounds a little negative to me. What choice do they have?

All they have left is HOPE.

Highways are jammed. Many peple in N.O don't have transportation and are dirt poor.

well they will find out if the Engineers who designed it were right

I bet it will still be standing after the storm.
    After all it is aerodynamic.

thats kinda what Im saying........when you say I bet it will still be standing. I dont think I would be in it if they were saying .... ya Im pretty sure it will stay up.

Originally posted by oil lp man
    No doubt but just as the tiles blew off the shuttle what about the roof. Not saying it will but man this is a bad one.I don't think they've seen anything like this.

I wouldn't stay there.

I think the structure itself will be there, they drill down to hit bedrock when they build those things, its the peripheral stuff that could get blown off , like scorboards and roofs, and what about internal flooding, if the roof blows will the dome be able to drain off fast enough will anyone be able to get to an exit, could the water level possibly be higher inside the dome than it is outside the dome ?

Just some things to think about.

If FEMA had a conscience they would use every weapon at the governments disposal to relocate those people for a while, because it sounds like they will have to leave when its over anyway because it will be uninhabittable for a while.

I'm sitting here thinking, that I know of 7 c-130;s that are parked about 100 miles from where I am at, and they sit idle at a time like this, now I have never been in the service or on one of these large planes, but I have seen them and it looks to me like you could get a lot of people on one of those things, anyone have any idea how many people you could get on em ?

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm taking side bets on that-- aerodynamic-- engineering marval---

cause the roof is leaking! aluminum panels on the roof of the dome are blowing off according to ABC news

it looks to me like you could get a lot of people on one of those things, anyone have any idea how many people you could get on em ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    gruvn

do you have any idea what you are saying? did you know that a c-130 is an airplane that is made to fly . What do you think it would do if it were packed with people and a gust of 130 mph wind picked it up and flipped it over.. ok it is a heavy plane and wont flip right? you put your family in one

oops , now it sprung another leak ...and another ....its raining inside the superdome now .

----------aerodynamic--------

so during the worst part of the cat 4 cane--how do ya get all of those people out of the dome and where do they go ?

I hear the A/C is down

I hear the A/C is down

Free estimates - 24 hr response time - ac tune ups -29.99

I can see the busniess boom now

Imagine when the 200 + mph gust hit and those sheets start flying around inside, man this could be a real catastrofy.

What dumb M F'er came up with the idea to put 20,000 people in there. It's too late to evac them now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast