Ive been doing A/C work since I was a teen. At least 25yrs now. I know I will get a good bashing for this one and mabee deserve it. Im an one man business who most likly will stay that way. I have passed the EPA test made Universal licence but have no Contractors licence. I use a freinds licence to pull permit when nessary. Ive worked my dad's company for years off shore oilfield explosion proofing equip, some chiller systems on gambling rigs, airbalance (never certifyed), newmatic controls, We even built A/C units as a moduel for generator room's offshore. Ones with auto backup that you could walk in while serviceing the downed system. All very interesting stuff hellicopter rides for service calls to an oil rig etc... But none of it makes me any kind of a certified expert. I want to post and read in the ProForm but Im stuck on two points. The place where it asks for you contractors licence, is there a way around that can I use my EPA licence in place. And the other is the donation of around $60, is it worth it? I would like a taste to see, I hate wasting money as I am tight with my money. I would think they would let in anyone willing to pay the donation. And who exactly gets the donation. Im sure it goes to help keep the servers for this HVAC talk.com up and going. Is it a club an organiziation who is the head or treasurer?

58 pepole read my post and not one reply but my own how lame is that?? I thought I would at least get a good bashing over the licence thing. I bash myself over that one at times.

go to the bottom of the page "contact us"

Shoot them an e-mail, ask them your question.

Sorry about being lame,
    as an old roughneck myself, I didn't see the thread.

tripp'n pipe, or maybe just tripp'n

[Edited by Toolpusher on 08-27-2005 at 07:39 AM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

There are two other forums where only registered people get in. There is the business and marketing and the other is technical.

These areas are where registered members go to discuss subjects that shouldn’t be discussed in front of a home owner or be detailed to a do it yourselfer. We also use these areas to bang around pricing and to moan and groan about business costs and other in general issues.

Will it help you in your quest? Of that I am not sure but it will not hurt a bit except for the register fee. The license thingy, drop in “Pending” or N/A or “Student”. That will serve nicely I am sure.

There is another way to look at this dilemma. The 60 bucks goes to help keep this site afloat. No such thing as a free lunch anymore.

Come on in…

Thanks for the replys Toolpusher and Lusker! I will give it a try.