Thread: toncilectomy

Iam getting toncils removed on monday. Been diagnosed with sleep apnea. Has anyone had toncils removed for same reason? Does it help,hurt replys please

you are in for a world of hurt, ice cream and soup will be all you can eat.

Had them removed years ago. I was told to drink as much fluid as I could before their set time that you cant drink or eat anything.... that was midnight being the operation was something like 5-6 in the morning. He told me its a lot easier if you drink a lot so I did, pop water milkshake everything. Ok so I remember everything till they got to the count of 3, Well I was out like a light. when I came around I felt like I had a sore throat but was real groggy. so after a while they asked if I wanted ice cream or something to drink. I told them I wanted an order of french fries. They asked if I was kidding and I told them no ....thats what I want, so they brought me some and they were great. So in my opinion it was a piece of cake.....well maybe more an order of french fries. Do what they told me ......drink all the liquid you can before the operation.

I am 42 and had mine out about 3 years ago. I had Ravoli that nite

had mine removed when i was 6, that was 40 yrs ago. was told i could have all the ice cream i wanted when over. rotten doctor failed to tell me i would not want any of it, rotten bastird.

I'm 38 and still have all my parts. Knock on wood.

Run away! Having your tonciles out won't help your sleep apnea at all!

Jus kidding! Bet that had ya worried for a second though huh? Good luck on getting all healed up fast!

I think you just need a little freon that should take care of it. I go in tomorrow for my first operation and im 48 i have a hernia in my stomach and get tired of pushing my guts back in. and yes i am a little nervous. maybe i will tell doc i just need some of that freon stuff.

and good luck