Navy Seals Take On Disney

Public opinion will not be on Disney's side on this one.

Ain't that the truth.

Isn't there some sort of law preventing people from trading on false military stories?

Something like the stolen glory act or somethings.

Prevents old blowhards from buying t-shirts like that and pretending to have been a SEAL.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Isn't there some sort of law preventing people from trading on false military stories?

Something like the stolen glory act or somethings.

Prevents old blowhards from buying t-shirts like that and pretending to have been a SEAL.
    If there's not, there should be.

My friends Brother-in-law's, Cousin works for the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. He said Disney has gotten the trademark. They will be issuing "SFAL Team 6" trademark soon to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    My friends Brother-in-law's, Cousin works for the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. He said Disney has gotten the trademark. They will be issuing "SFAL Team 6" trademark soon to Disney
    Well, if they did, they need to do the right thing, and give it up.
    But, they won't.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...keting-ch.html

"Dishonorable discharge. Walt Disney Co. said it will withdraw an application to trademark the term "SEAL Team 6," the name of the military unit that took out Osama bin Laden. Less than a week after the Navy SEAL team's successful mission, Disney moved to patent the name in the hopes of exploiting it for toys and entertainment, making the company the butt of jokes for its greed and annoying the Navy. After the Navy filed its own trademark claim, Disney bailed out. I just want to know why someone in media relations didn't say at the time that maybe, just maybe, this wasn't such a good idea. More from the Wall Street Journal."

Wow. I would have bet you a "C" note they wouldn't have. Good for them.

The is the reason why the US Marine Corps has trademarked and copyrighted everything and anything dealing with the Eagle Globe and Anchor. If you ever buy anything out there that has anything to do with the Marine Corps, they receive a cut of the profits. I wholeheartedly believe that the Navy should do the same thing. F--- Disney.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    The is the reason why the US Marine Corps has trademarked and copyrighted everything and anything dealing with the Eagle Globe and Anchor. If you ever buy anything out there that has anything to do with the Marine Corps, they receive a cut of the profits. I wholeheartedly believe that the Navy should do the same thing. F--- Disney.
    Somebody was asleep at the wheel on that. I'll bet ya they get their act together after this blunder.

So, where ya been hidin'? Haven't seen ya around for a while.