Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In 95% of the cases where only the outside unit was replaced, the application was wrong. In the long run, the consumer will benefit from this issue because HVAC contractors will be forced to install the proper components.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

In the long run it will be better for everyone. But in near term many people will be without central AC. BTW Today I placed an order for 120 10 seer outdoor units for next year. Had to get a SBA loan to do it. I plan to use 13 seer whenever possible. But I'll have them on had for the difficult cases.

For anyone who can do this, I highly recommend it. Just make sure you charge premium rates for those units cause your client that needs them, really needs them.

By the middle of 2006 you should be able to sell a 10 SEER outdoor unit for more then the cost of a 13 SEER unit to anyone who cannot fit 13 SEER technology into their indoor unit space.

Amen. That's the idea. I took out an SBA loan to secure the purchase. I figure that even with the 9% interest rate I will more than make it up with increased profit.

I can't afford that kind of shell out so I plan on perfecting my 13 seer sales pitch.And let the hacks have condenser changes.Down flows are realy going to cost. I just hope it doesn't cost me.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

There are as many ways to really make out better with the upcoming regulations as there are to really screw things up till we go out of business.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Is everyone sure that next years 13 SEER will be As large and cost as much as todays 13 SEER??

No debate intended ,but I think it may not be the way,everyone is thinking.

Originally posted by mrfrio
    So now a XXXXXXX 10 seer Condensing Unit change out will become a XXXXXXXX dollar job. I'm guessing that 70%

Please watch your pricing.

Forum Rules

Thank you

We just got a 15 seer Affinity ready to go to the customers house, it uses the g2fd030 coil, its the same coil the 10 seer 2.5 would use, or a 12 seer, so the evap coil won't always be bigger.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The entry level 13 SEER units will cost less because they will be striped down versions of the current 13 SEER units.

Coil sizes will remain the same as they are relative to the type of compressors that are being used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12