Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As part of my schools HVAC programs required tool list I need a 4-way guage manifold. I'm looking at TIF, Imperial and Uniweld. I have found a "UNIWELD Q4N 4 port refrigerant manifold gauge" on Ebay, with hoses, for a fraction of the cost for just the manifold guage from either TIF or Imperial. Can anyone recommend the Uniweld?

My choice.
    (MasterCool)

Another wise choice.
    (JB Industries)

Yet another popular choice.
    This is their new model.
    (Ritchie "Yellow Jacket")

Yet another one.
    (Imperial Eastman)

Last one, that also includes a "5 valve" service manifold.
    (CPS Products)

“Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

I use a first generation BRUTE manifold by Yellow Jacket. It is fantastic. Had several set of this manifold.

I stick large, 80mm, gages on to see when the sweats dripping in my eyes and I cant read jack.

I also recomend the Imperial four valve manifold. I have an old one, had a couple of these.
    Only trouble I ever had with either was leaking seals.
    I replaced the seals in the Imperial set and the Yellow Jacket ... I returned to the wholesale house.

They were leaky right outa the box.

Mind you now, these are NOT for everday use as a test manifold set.
    They are bulky and heavier than a normal set up. Especially the first generation BRUTE set.

But when your ready to do serious sealed system work, a four valve set up IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!

whether you buy on ebay or pawn shops or go for it and buy new ... these will last you your entire life in the trade. They are an investment.

here is a link to the thread about needed tools.

tool bags, what do y'all carry in them?
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=47442

then visit Tips & Tricks of the trade. There is more tips over there.

I really like the imperial ones. They have served me well. The CPS one are bad. There valves leak and stickers on knobs fall off1

I wish they made, a digital, that is of the same size as the analogs for both high and low, that also reads microns.

I mentioned this on another thread in the last few days and some dude mentioned that there was a tiff one like I describe. I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks for all the great input. No reviews on the Uniweld?
    I will assume the best bet is to make the investmant and buy a quality manifold.

when you get that manifold make sure it displays both r22 and 410. older brutes just come with 22, 502, 11 it think.

i'd also get the 800psi hoses with low loss fittings while you're at it.

Originally posted by r2
    when you get that manifold make sure it displays both r22 and 410. older brutes just come with 22, 502, 11 it think.
    Isn't it not a good idea to run 410 and 22 through the same gauges (different oils reacting together). Maybe in a pinch, but I dunno about doing that regularly.

Originally posted by lmtd
    I use inficons.

http://www.inficonmanifoldgaugesets....oldgauges.html
    I took lmtd's advice on this one about 9 months ago.

They have been great & I would buy them again.

I use the inficons & a digi-cool set up on a yellow jacket series 41 bar for service.

Thanks again Rich.

BTW I bought one of the uniwelds off of E bay for spare parts for my Imperial 4 valve.

IMO don't waste your money,buy a real manifold.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Originally posted by amickracing

Isn't it not a good idea to run 410 and 22 through the same gauges (different oils reacting together).
    We've been doing it for over a decade in low temp refrigeration, where it WOULD matter, IF it were a problem. There is no problem. The "oil issue" is hype and overreaction that benefitted the tool manufacturers in that they sold twice as many manifolds.

Originally posted by r2
    You're not supposed to use the same equipment to service both types of systems.

One set of refrigerant equipment for CFC-HCFC systems.

&

One set of refrigerant equipment for HFC systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast