Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Was not implying the Battle was meaningless drone, or disrespecting the song in anyway. It stands for freedom, and the lyric I quoted is the line that emphasizes that point.

Others were making light of an anthem, in which the lyrics were about the country itself, which in my opinion makes sense.

So in case some readers are from Venus, and speak 'feamle', my comment about something making sense - does not mean that something else therefore makes 'no sense'.

No comment on zone's estrogen level is implied there either , you just have to be careful how you say something, just trying to keep my size 14 out of my mouth.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Cool

Grade 7, I saw Kate Smith sing God Bless America before the Flyers game.
    Even though it was on television, I have still never seen anything close to that performance.
    I still get chills remembering it.

Carnak ...you said it was a great song and you meant no disrespect and I believe you.... I didn't take offense...
    Just took the opportunity since the topic was brought up to
    disagree with those who think the topic of the song isn't worthy.

I grew up within a few miles of the site of the battle of north point...there was a historical monument/statue at the spot General Ross was shot off his horse.... There was an old bar called the monument inn located there that my dad and uncles used to visit when I was a kid. It's probably surrounded by urban sprawl now if it is even still there.

I toured the Fort in about 1975, with my grandmother, a "Daughter of the American Revolution". I believe they had old Ironsides moored there too.

I think the conventioneers are going there 'as we speak'
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

I would have liked to visit home and attend the convention.
    Since my posts are so widely ignored, I can take a hint that my presence would not have been appreciated. The consequence of poking my finger in too many eyes. I seem to have a knack for saying the wrong things and I'm pretty much oblivious as to how I manage to alienate so many. I never was any good at biting my tongue. C'est la vie.

Geez you feel ignored.

Okay, next time I am going to vote for you as the guy I always read instead of top facility maintenance guy.

I toured the Fort in about 1975, with my grandmother, a "Daughter of the American Revolution". I believe they had old Ironsides moored there too.

Carnak: Did you see a movie in the Fort Mchenry welcome center? If any American in attendance is not moved, at the end of the film when a huge curtain is drawn back to reveal a huge flag covering the entire wall they are in the wrong place.
    Drone certainly knows the history.

Thanks for your posts; they are always civil, lucid and informative. As I read some of the post’s here I often think how great it would be to work with and learn from some of the real pros here. And I am referring to you as one of the pros.
    Fred

I do not remember the movie

Just having some fun fred

See Drone, someone else reads your posts too

Thanks guys...I luv ya man....

Oh yeah the maintenance guy thing....

29 years runnin calls in a truck, worked for 3 national manufacturers....and then semi-retire these old bones to a cushy maintenance gig....and get labled a maintenance guy!!

Build a thousand bridges ...they never call you a bridge builder....suck just one cock and what do they call ya?

a fellationist?

Hey I dressed up the title, was going to call it facilites engineer but I thought you would take offense.

I got a vote for best maintenance and best parts runner.

[Edited by Carnak on 08-27-2005 at 09:06 PM]

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Thanks guys...I luv ya man....

Oh yeah the maintenance guy thing....

29 years runnin calls in a truck, worked for 3 national manufacturers....and then semi-retire these old bones to a cushy maintenance gig....and get labled a maintenance guy!!

Build a thousand bridges ...they never call you a bridge builder....suck just one cock and what do they call ya?
    Ricky Martin?

LMAO!

I hope us Americans do not have to do this stupid stuff again! Roy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast