Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 31
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West of DFW
    Posts
    240
    20 oz.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post




    Ya know, we may have gotten off on the wrong foot......you don't seem to be half bad after all.
    You had me at hello

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    You had me at hello
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.......I'm ok now tho.
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.......I'm ok now tho.
    Glad to hear your O.K.
    Now back to the thread. What is his refrigerant ? Kind of hard to get SH when you don't know which chart to use. Going off your guestament of 50+* how does one get a -10* box temp ?

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Glad to hear your O.K.
    Now back to the thread. What is his refrigerant ? Kind of hard to get SH when you don't know which chart to use. Going off your guestament of 50+* how does one get a -10* box temp ?
    I'm a little hesitant to correct you since were getting along so well and everything.......but I think at last report the temp was actually -14F.


    10 psig fits ok in my mind with a -14F box temp (making an R404A assumption of course).

    That said, if the +21F was measured near the compressor - I would simply think it's a matter of dialing in the SH a touch. But, we just don't know.....
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West of DFW
    Posts
    240
    Well that's the problem! Was handed the job by another tech in the middle of his diagnoses of the freezer.
    Initially the evapoorator was iced up. Leaked searched( didn't find leaks) Noticed txv had been adjusted. I wanted to start fresh and go from there. I have orderd new TXV and Drier. Superheat has gotten out of control obviously. I got my self confused though. To increase superheat you open TXV(allowing more refridgerent in?) If your ambient temp. or enviorment was out of the norm.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West of DFW
    Posts
    240
    Oh dang. sorry 404 is the refridgerent. Thought everyone knew! Just kidding. I'm not use to typing my thoughts yet.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to correct you since were getting along so well and everything.......but I think at last report the temp was actually -14F.


    10 psig fits ok in my mind with a -14F box temp (making an R404A assumption of course).

    That said, if the +21F was measured near the compressor - I would simply think it's a matter of dialing in the SH a touch. But, we just don't know.....
    Ya I took that from post #3 after he had charged the unit. For the record you did ask him if the coil was iced up & in his first post he reported that.

  9. #22
    How old is this unit,cause factory eng.default is supposed to be -4 įF.
    FEN

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    To increase superheat you open TXV(allowing more refridgerent in?) If your ambient temp. or enviorment was out of the norm.
    NO Thread in will increase spring tension. Thread out will decrease spring tension. In less refrigerant. Out more refrigerant. In more SH. Out less SH.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ya I took that from post #3 after he had charged the unit. For the record you did ask him if the coil was iced up & in his first post he reported that.
    Dammit!!

    Well, to be honest he never said the coil was froze up.......he said he thawed it.
    Maybe it was just cold
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West of DFW
    Posts
    240
    9 yrs old.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    Well that's the problem! Was handed the job by another tech in the middle of his diagnoses of the freezer.
    Well that is indeed the problem. You should have slapped the sh!t out of the tech and told him to fix his own problems!

    Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    Initially the evapoorator was iced up. Leaked searched( didn't find leaks) Noticed txv had been adjusted. I wanted to start fresh and go from there. I have orderd new TXV and Drier.
    My rule of thumb is to not eff with something unless you have a thorough understanding of what is going on with the system. It's easier to hunt for the true issue before wide sweeping adjustments have been made.

    Depending upon how the coil was froze up, I would have been looking more at a defrost issue, defrost termination issue - or even door gaskets. I'd get a little history on this thing and find out what kind of product they are putting in it, and what incoming temp of the product was......long before ever throttling the TXV and/or pulling the charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    Superheat has gotten out of control obviously. I got my self confused though. To increase superheat you open TXV(allowing more refridgerent in?) If your ambient temp. or enviorment was out of the norm.
    You've got it exactly backwards. To increase superheat, you want to throttle back the flow of refrigerant through the coil. To do this you will turn the adjustment stem in (clockwise). To decrease superheat, you want to open up the flood gates - so to speak - and allow more refrigerant to flow through the coil. To do this you will back the adjustment stem out (counter clockwise).

    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'ambient temp or environment was out of the norm.......so I'm going to leave that alone for right now.
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event