Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tequila

Anyone a real aficionado for Tequila? I usually settle for PATRON Anejo. very good. But I just put a system in a mexian diner and the owner's grandfather worked 30-40 years for Sauza in Mexico. He has a stash of 100 barrels of 20 year+ tequila. He has one in the bar for special occasions. Wow I thought that Patron was about the smoothest tequila you could find in my neck of the woods. But this stuff was amazing. Smoooooth. Any other suggestions that are good quality 100% blue agave?

Robo is the local tequilla guy. He knows everything about it. I admit I drink Quervo Gold and like it. Tonight though it's Killians and the Captain, Morgan that is.

Senior Tech Guest
    Tokillya...never touch it.

It has to be 100% blue to be good. In New Mexico where I live all this stuff used to be really cheap.The Yuppies spoiled it all. They think they DISCOVERED everything like expresso coffee that also used to be cheap and Mexico drinks and food. . I used to drink expresso and Takillya or Tickleya what ever for cheap. If fact some bartenders were kind of shy about what they had. It was cheap. Now in Santa Fe you can have a Margaretta that can coust $40. Blame the Yuppies.
    Tracers work both ways.

Chinaco Anejo. Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Best when mixed with smooth jazz and a lovely lady.

If you like to try tequilas here a list of some good ones that Forbes did a while back:

http://www.forbes.com/fyi/2002/0513/033sidebar.html

As much as I like tequila, it's best to remember that a large dose of stupid is poured into every bottle. The longer you leave the bottle open the more stupid will get out and get on you.
    I was not present at the time of the alleged incident...

I used to carry a backpack around on the weekends...when I partied a lot. It had a bottle of Cuervo 1800, lemons, salt, knife, cutting board and glasses in it. Anybody who wanted to do a shot, did one.

Cuervo 1800 is what I usually buy most. I got my father on the Tequila kick a couple of years ago. He's always got a new bottle of something. No need for lemons and salt anymore.

I need to try that Patron. Lex and Terry, the morning radio show, talk about it every now and then. They say it's great. I may get a bottle of it tomorrow. Nothing like smooth Tequila.

Last time I had a hard night of it was around Christmas time a couple of years ago. I woke up in the spare bedroom on top of everybody's Christmas gifts.

Get back to work.

Mezzcal - gold color c/w worm... tastes like burned cork... a hang over that makes you feel like you wish you had seven shades of **** kicked out of you just to feel a bit better.

BEER! nuthin' else.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

the world renowned............

tekillya coneseour will be along shortly.

UHMMM TEQUILA

I have two or three shots every day... usually Jose , but we have tried almost all......

Hvacker , I know what you mean about the yupps.... 10 years ago you couldn't give fajitas away and look what they did to that..

Cabo, 1800 , Patron...it's all good.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

I am not a big tequilla fan but the guys in my service department pitched in and bought me some Patron today. It was my last day and it was a going away gift. I was very touched by it. Usually contractors are like FU and get out but this group was pretty stand up about it. Took a shot tonight and I need to go get some mix or some lime. I got smashed at 18 and havent been a fan of it since. very nice though I must say. Tomorrow night I will be breaking it in.

Swat

Good luck in both your new adventures.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

So did I misspell Cuervo or what ??

Originally posted by mattm
    So did I misspell Cuervo or what ??
    This is the only way I've ever known to spell it. There could be could be variations.

Get back to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast