Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am finally getting the Carrier YXA (Puron 14 SEER) with VS handler and Thermidistat. I can't believe I spent so much time making a decision when I only took a few minutes 11 year ago to get a Carrier Tech 2000. Thanks to input from this forum. Does anyone have any advice on what I should expect during the install? I feel good about the company, a Carrier Master Dealer.

Dash: If you read this, I think you are a Carrier rep... I like the top on the Carrier Tech 2000. It's not a wire frame grill, it is a louvered frame and it still looks good after 11 years. Why did they stop making this type of top? Is it to cut costs?

One thing you will definitely have to get used to on the newer high efficient systems "not just carrier" they run and run and run and run so don't have a stoke when this happens just a little heads up.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

My current old inefficient system runs a lot so I am used to that. I am prepared to see the unit run longer because of the humidity control, but if my demands (humidity-temp) are reasonable, would it really run and run ?

What has changed? What model do you have now? From what I see, the silencer system hasn't changed.

The Tech 2000 had the louvered top. The wire top on the TXA is sturdier and is less noisey. It is part of the silencer system.

[Edited by 1-Hvacdoc on 08-26-2005 at 09:24 PM]

The Tech 2000 is a 38YR018320 (is that 1.5 Ton?) with a FK4BNF001 indoor unit. It has a top that is mostly sheet metal with a louvered grill in the middle.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by 1-Hvacdoc
    The Tech 2000 had the louvered top. The wire top on the TXA is sturdier and is less noisey. It is part of the silencer system.

[Edited by 1-Hvacdoc on 08-26-2005 at 09:24 PM]

Exactly.

The stamped top like that is nosier and less efficient. It is used on low SEER by all brands. Carrier uses it only on their 10 SEER units. The Silencer top is one of the best out there. You won't believe how quiet it is.

thanks, didn't know that the stamped top was noisier.. To me it looked 'fancier', what do I know. One more question, would any of you recommend getting a 4" media filter installed at the air handler in one of those filter boxes, over the usual return air grille filter which holds a 1" filter. It costs $400 more to add that filter box. You change filters only once or twice a year, tho' filters are costlier. Would you do both filters or would that be too much pressure drop?

if the system will handle it do the 4" media. worth twice what they sell for.

Originally posted by gmahler

Dash: If you read this, I think you are a Carrier rep...
    He is not a rep, he is the national cheerleader. They only let him on the net because he looks bad in a skirt!

Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Originally posted by gmahler

Dash: If you read this, I think you are a Carrier rep...
    He is not a rep, he is the national cheerleader. They only let him on the net because he looks bad in a skirt!

That's not fai ,I look better than you in a shirt,but not as good as jrbenny!!LOL

Originally posted by t527ed
    if the system will handle it do the 4" media. worth twice what they sell for.
    What does 'will handle it' imply? I'm getting the Performance Series VS handler, they didn't give me a model no. on the bid. The salesman did tell me that he would not use both the in-house and the under the house filter. Is it worth spending $400 then ? Is there not a return air grill that you can get to put inside the house that will take a 4" filter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast