Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Re: Magic

Originally posted by dx
    Originally posted by perpetual_student

Do they understand the problem fully, being located in Michigan? Just wondering, lots of us have educational biases based on where we live. I know I do.

Regards -- P.Student
    Perpetual, you ignoramus! What makes you believe that being located in Michigan has anything to do with understanding the problem, whatever that "problem" may be? Are you under the false belief that we do not have humidity problems in Michigan?

dx you constantly open your yap and embarrass yourself. I can see you are a proud Michiganer, but humidity and humidity control for areas in Michigan, similar to Southern Ontario, are a lot different than it would be in the gulf coast. You could almost say the problem is opposite.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Carnak, you are right about one thing. Problems in MI and FL are opposites. So what? Does Carrier only know how to cool and heat houses in Farmington, CT?
    Here is a hint, Carnak. They say it works on heat pumps. I believe we have a total of 4 heat pumps in Michigan

Now back to the EPS company. We simply don't know what this device is. They deliberately don't tell us. Notice that it has been available for over a year according to the Very-Dry page. Yet on their Equipment Specs page there is no Very-Dry at all.
    What I really like is the president's statement: "Veri-Dry is the only reliable way to control humidity". OK, bud, we'll assume that all your other humidity control products are unreliable and hold our breaths until you decide to tell us what it is.

Have you seen the TV commercials for the new Subaru SUV? Totally renders any other SUV obsolete. Sure...

Originally posted by dx
    Carnak, you are right about one thing.

Problems in MI and FL are opposites. So what?
    Does Carrier only know how to cool and heat houses in Farmington, CT?

Here is a hint, Carnak. They say it works on heat pumps. I believe we have a total of 4 heat pumps in Michigan ...
    I know of 39 heat pumps that were installed long ago in ~ 2,000 Sq. Ft. residences and are probably still running or replaced in a rural Ann Arbor neighborhood.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

dx

I know of about 50 ground source heat pumps, in areas north of the Upper Penninsula, I put in about 20 of them. There are more than 50, those are just the ones I am familiar with.

I know of a few air source heat pumps North of the UP and I also know they rely on the duct heaters quite a bit, to the point that based on utility rates and fuel costs, they are not economically viable. A high efficency gas furnace and a central AC are cheaper to install and operate. Energy costs fluctuate all the time, but air source is challenged in the north.

I have seen a few Kool Fire units in the north as well.

There are also a lot of air source heat pumps in Quebec, where hydro-electric power was abundant and until the last 15 years or so, did not have a lot of natural gas pipe lines.

Wait until the first cold spell this coming winter and watch all the HO posts about their heat pumps never shutting off and all the comments about how the 'auxiliary heat' lights on their thermostats are on all the time.

The one advantage I had with oversizing the ground source in Canada to get more heat was the cooling season was short and the ambient dewpoints were pretty low.

Climatic and local conditions alter the slant on things everywhere.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Has anyone thought about contacting the company. Their phone number is very large bold print in the header of the web page. I though I would try something new! "I called them". I spoke with the owner of the company and he was very helpful and answered all my questions. (1) This is not a Z-Coil (2) No snake oil. Im not going into all the detail because I certaintly don't want to confuse the issue worse than it already is. We are all skeptical of anything new including myself. What if it does exactly what it claims? HMMMMMM?

Hmm

superdave44,

Did you ask him if it was Calcium Chloride ( CaCL2)?

OK, Superdave, the suspense is killing us! You told us what IT IS NOT. So what IS it? Hmmmm?

the product sounds logical and true enough... it is the aol address that I am having a problem with. When was the last time a sales rep use an aol address?

IMHO

Help on pictures?

I emailed the company in August and got two pictures of the product. If anyone would like to take the time to tell me one more time how to post a picture, I would.

The pictures made me think "what *am* I looking at?", but probably one of you pros could see much more than I could.

Regards -- P.Student

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I emailed as well,and recieved no answer.

Rebeccha,
    Its not Chloride either. I dont want to misrepresent this by trying to explain without all the facts. They are sending me the technical information and I am going to study this to see exactly how it works. I am currently studying psycometrics "The properties of air". Please excuse the mispelling. Included in the study is dewpoint and relative humidity which are key factors not only for dehumidification but heat load calculations as well. When I have reviewed the literature and tested the product in a production system I promise I will post the information and the actual results from my testing. It may take awhile so be patient. I am not the type to endorse any product until I have personally used it myself. If the claims hold true this will be an awesome product. The theory he describes for this product IMHO should work. In general, dehumidifiers are not much more than an evaporator and a condenser back to back and I can tell you this is a totally different approach. I don't mean to be elusive with an answer nor ignore the questions but I will not speculate a product I dont fully understand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12