Confused

What are the most common certifications (aside from the EPA)?

What are the benefits of getting one over the other?

Do employers really care if you have one over the other?

Do employers even care if your NATE, ICE and RSES or other certified?

Thanks all.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Originally posted by doglips

What are the benefits of getting one over the other?

Do employers really care if you have one over the other?

Do employers even care if your NATE, ICE and RSES or other certified?

Thanks all.
    All your questions and more are answered in the certification guide advertised at the top of every page of this site. The blue book.

[/B][/QUOTE]

All your questions and more are answered in the certification guide advertised at the top of every page of this site. The blue book.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I'm sure the book would explain things from the publishers point of view. But I have found over the years that book world and real world often do not match up.

What I was looking for was the experience of people who are working in the field as to IF or IF not certification has helped them...and if so how...i.e. pay raises etc. Have they gotten jobs because of their certification or did the interviewer toss the papers in the trash.

In any case IF this seems like a silly ? then I apologize for wasting peoples time with it.

73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Originally posted by doglips

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I'm sure the book would explain things from the publishers point of view. But I have found over the years that book world and real world often do not match up.

What I was looking for was the experience of people who are working in the field as to IF or IF not certification has helped them...and if so how...i.e. pay raises etc. Have they gotten jobs because of their certification or did the interviewer toss the papers in the trash.

In any case IF this seems like a silly ? then I apologize for wasting peoples time with it.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Dear doglips,

The publisher did not write the book. I wrote the book.

Norm

[/B][/QUOTE]

Dear doglips,

The publisher did not write the book. I wrote the book.

Norm [/B][/QUOTE]

I did not know that. This ?? is in part do to the add on top of the web pages for your book...so straight forward ? do employers care if your certified?

It has been my experience that in Social work some employers wanted some of the certifications I had....some wanted different ones..and some would go that's nice put a copy in my file but no extra $$ real benefit to them or me. Also in social work some certificates were so job specific that any other employer had no use for them. I spent some serious time and $$ getting certified in several social work areas that did not help me out in terms of $$ ...and did not really want to waste time and $$ in HVAC/R getting certificates that were not going to matter to employers.

[Edited by doglips on 08-27-2005 at 02:08 PM]

--------------------------------------------------------------

well lets see, I am a certified

Private Pilot

Welder

millwright welder

Rigger

forklift driver

Sizzor lift and JLG certified

certified nut and some people have even said I am a certified D##k at times

but I think I am a Damn nice guy!

Ask a silly ?? get silly answers.....I can only assume that this ?? was one with such obvious answers that I was a moron for asking it or it is one of those topics that people avoid answering because its like a religious argument between the 2 sides.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Avoided due to arguments,IMO.

Search NATE on this site,and you'll see.

That said,NATE or any recognized cert.,SHOULD be of value to an employer,IMHO.

Dawg, if you want to really learn alot about this busniess , my I suggest this to you.

go to the "for your interest" section of this site and read everything that you can that Norm (the above poster) has writtten. And once you have READ a subject,and you still dont understand something, all you have to do is ask him, and he will bend over backwards to help.

I am not suggesting that the other things written in that section arent good, they are , but Norms articals are well written , easy to understand. If you can , order the book that he wrote

cool thank you...ill go read that section.