Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katrina

Originally posted by pjs
    Quote;
    A big storm like that will put surge over their levees, the city will fill up like a bathtub.

yeh they'll need to be bailed out
    the relief agencies and the fed will send money

I'll send my old pots and pans

They'll need them. The electrical grid will be down and they don't expect to have enough diesel fuel to run the pumps enough to pump out all 25' of water. Basically, downtown New Orleans is screwed. Their moving a LOT of people to the superdome. Hope it holds up. As of 12:00 am Katrina 175 mph winds and around cat 5.5

Quote;
    Basically, downtown New Orleans is screwed. Their moving a LOT of people to the superdome. Hope it holds up. As of 12:00 am Katrina 175 mph winds and around cat 5.5

My thought's exactly that could be catastrophic.

Now that's a wild picture.
    Get back to work.™

Unhappy

DAMN! My parents and sister are screwed, they live in Picyune and Slidel. Something tells me that my parents might as well just keep on going down the interstate to here, because their aint going to be much to live in back there for a while. That city is screwd big time,.. I was just there in July and I can't imagin a CAT 5 hitting them. This is going to be ugly, for sure.

I forgot about your parents and your recent trip down there John. I hope they are evacuating and I hope the storm misses them.

Sad thing is, it is going to hit someone.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by square2round
    Yes an impressive looking photo for sure. Now imagine being hidden in a photo like that for 36 hours.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

The Dude at Command Central at the National Huirrican Center who commentates for MSNBC, that dorky looking older dude, who is doing play by play for this storm is saying this could be one of the biggest in recent history, saying it's not done intensifying. The data was coming in as he was talking and they had to chenge the windspeeds to 180 from 170.

It's going to hit something, and it is going to be devastation. Wow.

There also saying that it could effect oil prices from east of the Missisipi and propel gas over $3.50 a gallon.

What structure is hurricane proof?

Originally posted by Carnak
    Originally posted by square2round
    Yes an impressive looking photo for sure. Now imagine being hidden in a photo like that for 36 hours.

I can't imagine.

I fear for all in its path.
    Get back to work.™

All the news channels on cable are now saying this will be the biggest to ever hit the United States on record. Garunteed desstruction. There clocking gusts up to 190 miles an hour with 175 to 180 sustatined winds.

Start praying.

That's pretty intense, Mitch was worse sustained at 190, then it hit Central America and killed 20,000+

It looks like it's going to hit east of New Orleans the head west right across New Orleans, then back to the gulf then Texas.

Update.

Now there clocking gusts up to 211 MPH. The dude from the National Hurricane Center is saying that, it is intensifying and there is no way to predict it leveling off. One thing he said was, when your barometric pressure of the system is lower, the more intense it will become, well, Katrina has surpassed all low pressure records by this morning and she keeps dropping and keeps intensifying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast