Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katrina

There goes the next 4 days. Raining cats and dogs here. Every storm that comes by here off the gulf is worse than one coming off the Atlantic. Weird. Yuz guyz convention may be wet.

Smile James

They really talk like that up there? I once heard a northerner speaking about his khaki's, I thought he was talking about his pants. After all the bs, he was talking about his car keys.

LOL That had to be near Boston.

She could go to a Cat.4 when she hits the pan handle again. That will be a serious problem for the South East and North East coast and inland areas

I`m perdicting a hit on galvaston,tx.

Whew, dodged another bullet. The storm was heading right for us here on west coast and at the last moment headed slightly to the south. All we got here was alot of wind and very little rain. Feel sorry for those guys on the east coast and those about to be hit in the north. Let's hope this is the last for this year.

Hope all our south Florida posters fared well
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Katrina.........

I've seen convoys of electric utility and tree crews heading south on I-95 for the past two days. Reports here are there are over 1 million without power in the Miami/Dade area......90% restoration by Tuesday.

The Nation Hurricane Center in Miami has New Orleans dead center in their projected path cone and now are hinting that this storm has the potential to be a Category 5 at landfall Monday midday.

This all does not look good folks.

New Orleans, if it hits there, even if it were a cat 1 storm, there screwed huge. They were saying that it sits below sea level by like 14 feet. There all beating out of there.

You know, I can not recall when I lived on the Georgia Coast and then the Virginia Coast, for almost 4 years while in the military and just was not a lot of activity as far as hurricanes go. Last couple years have been brutal.

Hurricane Katrina is now a Cat 5 with 160 MPH winds. They're now calling it the second coming of Camille which hit Biloxi in '69 as a Cat 5.

Katrina's still bearing down on New Orleans. Storm surge could be as high as 25 ft with waves on top of that.

A big storm like that will put surge over their levees, the city will fill up like a bathtub.

So, if the levees were 15 ft high and the city was 5 feet below sea level, that would mean 20 feet of standing water. I wonder if those levees have ports that can open after the surge is gone to get the standing water down close to sea level once the surge is gone.

I know they have massive pumps, but I hope the motors that drive these pumps are capable of being submerged in salt water.

If they have areas like 14 feet below sea level they could have damn near 30 feet of standing water. They got some lake and a river for the storm to suck water out of too, never mind just the gulf.

For their sake I hope she misses them by a long way but unfortunatley this storm is growing so big that it is going to hit some one bad.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Quote;
    A big storm like that will put surge over their levees, the city will fill up like a bathtub.

yeh they'll need to be bailed out
    the relief agencies and the fed will send money

I'll send my old pots and pans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast