+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armaflex on refrigeration piping help!!

Post Likes

Question Armaflex on refrigeration piping help!!

I was wondering if anybody can supply me with detailed instructions on how to fabricate a four piece fitting that fits over a 90 degree elbow. I do not want to use a 45 degree angle. I believe this four piece elbow is cut at either a 30 or 33 degree angles. However I would like somebody to direct me to a site or point me in the direction of how exactly you cut these pieces. I am insulating 7/8 copper pipe with 3/4 inch armaflex. The armacell/armaflex link from there website does not go into detail on how to do this. attached is some info I have found, but not exactly what I need. If anybody can help I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.armacell.com/www/armacell/ACwwwAttach.nsf/ansFiles/017-005-NA(NA).pdf/$File/017-005-NA(NA).pdf

This site shows what Im trying to fabricate but they do not go into detail on exactly how to measure for these cuts.
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...ou-should-know

Post Likes
    I take it you aren't able to simply push the insulation onto the pipe and around the elbow?

Never had the time or patience to attempt this type of cut.....I'd cut the 7/8" pipe and install a coupling before dinking around with all the angle cuts.

But that's just me.

Finally, to answer your question - other than the diagrams shown on the Armaflex box, I am not aware of anything showing the specific angle cuts you wish to make.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes
    Here a link to their installation manual:

http://www.armacell.com/www/armacell...-00-ENIran.pdf

(The multi-part elbows are shown on p.36-37)

Post Likes

Thanks

Thanks Icemaster for the link to that. I could not find it earlier.

Post Likes
    I have always just cut a "v" partway through the insulation, and glue it together.

Post Likes
    hop on a supermarket install crew and you will learn real quick how to armaflex

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neumonic View Post
    hop on a supermarket install crew and you will learn real quick how to armaflex
    Ain't that the truth!
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in