Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    then doing it all over again!

an amonia chiller system powered by solar collector. very little con-edison required.

installed in such a way that it was silent, ordorless and non-obtrusive to either architecture nor occupants.

Originally posted by bootlen
    Originally posted by madeinusa
    A Log cabin in the mountains with a constant breeze always bringing clean FRESH air exchanges throughout the cabin 24/7. You would have fireplaces for winter warmth.

It doesn’t get any better, and it does not get any cleaner.

================================================== ==========

Well, thanks a lot, made! Now any other system is as appealing as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    DITTO

That should'a been the end a that thread

Originally posted by billva
    seven beautiful women fanning me....

and feeding me....

and .....
    Asking you to go straight for just one hour.

7 woman?

now THAT's a lot of service time...

Originally posted by tonys
    7 woman?

now THAT's a lot of service time...
    Iffin you were one of those towel-heads you could blow yourself up and you would get 70 of them mommas!

actually...72 virgins.

and THAT's a lot of Trial and Error...

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Originally posted by madeinusa
    A Log cabin in the mountains with a constant breeze always bringing clean FRESH air exchanges throughout the cabin 24/7. You would have fireplaces for winter warmth.

It doesn’t get any better, and it does not get any cleaner.

Until all you have is ashes that are smouldering, dumping huge amounts of CO into the cabin because you lost the draft, and you end up talking to St.Peter.

I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Waste restaurant grease fueled diesel cogenerator to provide heat and electricity - w/ diesel fuel for back-up.

Heat keeps the pool and spa available year-round.

Heat also provides potable hot water, and keeps the in-floor radiant coils toasty. The electric provides power for water to water source heat pump if neccesary for more capacity.

Boot warmers. Heated towel racks. self melting driveway and sidewalks.

AC in the garage and workshop.

Chilled water for AC with individual room fan coils. AC condenser dumps heat into the pool,spa,and potable hot water.

Since waste restaurant grease is biomass, utilities are required under PURPA to purchase excess electricity - though often at a reduced rate. Some states have net metering laws that allow you to spin the meter backwards - and approximate zero bills.

Highly efficient envelope - probably foam in place of some sort in the walls. 2X6 plates top and bottom with offset 2x3 vertical sticks to minimize conduction of heat AND sound.

Low-e glass, triple glazing windows, with some thought put in to how to connect 'em to the structure to eliminate heat/sound infiltration. I haven't met a window to structure interface yet that I'm pleased with.

A lovely female computer science major (think the chick in wierd science) to manage the controls and maintain a satisfied customer.

Locate the whole mess on a lot....say 300 acres.... with a sandy beach on Lake Superior somewhere within a half hour drive of Houghton or Marquette.
    Air by Design

989-596-0133

airbydesign <@> gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12