Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just thought I'd post this little poll and see what y'all think would make up the best system.

Rules, no size, no worry's about cost, and if you need to design a system with specific needs, just pick the needs dictated by your area.

So have at it guys, pick your brand, type of heat/cool, t-stat, filter system, humidifier.. etc. All the bells and whistles.

Oh, no brand wars PLEASE!

A Log cabin in the mountains with a constant breeze always bringing clean FRESH air exchanges throughout the cabin 24/7. You would have fireplaces for winter warmth.

It doesn’t get any better, and it does not get any cleaner.

Allrighty, tough to beat that one that's for sure!

But lets pretend for a moment HVAC was required... what kind of E/F's would you have in the bathrooms of the log cabin? lol

solar powered central air-conditioning I hate paying Florida power and light
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

i actuallt am beating myself up right now over this. i just bought a mountain place and in general no air conditioning is required. But I was up there two weeks ago when it was in the high 90's at home it reached 81 degrees that day. The house currently uses electric baseboard and two wall hung lp units. i am considering going full tilt with a ducted system, but the whole house is freshly painted new carpets etc. my other option is radiant loops with glycol and maybe mitsu ductless systems. ?????????????

One ran off the neighbors electric meter. Darn my bill went up last month!

a Goodman GMP furnace tied to an all flex duct "spider" thingie.

sometimes...........that dream wakes me up at night.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

A ******* furnace with crimp ring heat exchangers and a round Snyder General a/c in Florida right by the ocean

always wanted to try one of those new low temp air to air heat pumps duel fuel with a 90% variable speed. Im just shocked at the cost of the low temp heat pumps considering the have a crap warranty for the price. Now if they had a better warranty that would tell me the manufacure has a little more faith in them.... I guess they dont from that warranty.

My wife says 'knows' I'm crazy but I've been buying up the stuff to have in my basement family room a stainless steal panel on the wall with gauges monitoring the whole house. It will have high and low side gauges, indoor and outdoor stats, line temp, amp/volt readings of the a/c and the main panel, attic temp, supply and return temps, magnehelics. I have all this stuff now, it's just a matter of building it. Personally I think it will be really cool and a great guy thing.

Winter project.

With money and power consumption not under consideration I'd...

Go with a recip chiller using either brine or glycol to a VFD driven air handler that supplies air to either fan powered boxes and VAVs with hot water coils for heat.

Maybe an Aqua-Snap with a baffle tank for the chiller system, and of course a front end to drive everything.

I don't have a house large enough to support this of course but I like the way this kind of system operates.

...Ron

Originally posted by madeinusa
    A Log cabin in the mountains with a constant breeze always bringing clean FRESH air exchanges throughout the cabin 24/7. You would have fireplaces for winter warmth.

It doesn’t get any better, and it does not get any cleaner.

================================================== ==========

Well, thanks a lot, made! Now any other system is as appealing as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

seven beautiful women fanning me....

and feeding me....

and .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast