Exclamation Boiler Tender/HVAC Mechanic

There is a job opening with Chugach-McKinley, Inc. for someone with at least two (2) years verifiable experience as a HVAC technician or Boiler Tender (must have EPA card). Must hold a secret clearance or have the ability to obtain a secret clearance, before hire
    Pay is $31.41 Hour.

To apply call Kristine Kincaid at (907) 261-0416 or fax your resume and cover letter to (907) 569-9155

Job Information
    Job Order Number: 164739 - AK0164739
    Occupation Title: Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and
    Installers
    Job Title: Boiler Tender/HVAC Mechanic - Shemya
    Job Duration: Full Time Over 150 Days
    Job Position(s): 1
    Type of Employer: Private Sector
    Job Requirements
    Minimum Age: 18
    Test Requirement: No test required
    Description of testing performed: None Specified
    Hiring Requirements:
    Other (specify) : The position is at a remote
    location, Eareckson A.S., Shemya, AK, rotation
    9 weeks on duty/4 weeks off. Transportation
    provided from Anchorage to Eareckson A.S.,
    Shemya, AK and also included food and lodging
    at Eareckson A.S.

Years of Education Requirement: Attained High School Diploma
    Months of Experience Requirement: 24
    Driver's License Certification Requirement: Yes, Operator License
    Drivers License Endorsements Requirement:
    Compensation and Hours
    Salary Range: $31.41 Hour
    Pay Comments: Not Applicable
    Hours per Week: 40
    Shift: Other, see job description
    Supplemental Compensation: No Not Applicable
    Benefits: Other
    Other Benefits: To be discussed.
    Work Site Location
    City, State, Zip Code: Shemya, AK 99546
    Public Transportation accessible: No

Job Description
    SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
    Performs duties tending one or more boilers to produce steam or high-temperature water for use in an establishment. Fires boiler. Observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters, and charts which register various aspects of boiler operation. Adjusts controls to insure safe and efficient boiler operation and to meet demands for steam or high-temperature water. May also do one or more of the following: Maintain a log in which various aspects of boiler operation are recorded; clean, oil, make minor repairs or assist in repair to boiler room equipment; and following prescribed methods, treat boiler water with chemicals and analyze boiler water for such things as
    acidity, causticity, and alkalinity. Performs repair, overhaul, maintenance, and servicing of commercial, industrial, and residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and refrigeration units.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
    Repairs, overhauls, maintain, and services industrial residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and refrigeration units and troubleshoots and locates malfunctions, diagnoses problems, and determines appropriate repairs
    Adjusts, repairs, or replaces thermostats, pressure stats, relays, switches, and electrical wiring
    Repairs or replaces compressors and components, electric motors, fans, belts, and pulleys along with services and repairs evaporators, condensers, and receivers and repacks valves, lubricates moving parts, replaces filters, and cleans coils
    Works from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal and written instructions.
    Repairs components within a system to include transformers, motors, electrodes, solenoids, rheostats, and aqua stats
    Responds to after normal working hour’s call-outs as needed
    Assists other trades and crafts personnel in their daily operations
    Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety protective equipment and clothing pertaining to particular trades or skills
    Ensures proper housekeeping practices are observed
    Performs other tasks as directed by lead and supervisor
    Perform as an Emergency Response Team member
    Special Skills (degrees, certifications, software, etc.)

Job Requirements :

MANDATORY:
    High school graduate or equivalent
    At least two (2) years verifiable experience as a HVAC technician or Boiler Tender
    Must have a universal refrigerant card issued by the EPA
    General knowledge of hand and power tools
    Verbal and written communication skills
    Must use all safety equipment and clothing provided by management
    Valid State driver’s license with acceptable driving record
    Hold a secret clearance or have the ability to obtain a secret clearance, before hire
    Ability to pass a Medical clearance, before hire.
    Must be able to present documentation(s) that establishes identity and employment eligibility for completing Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form)

That sounds just like my job. I love where I work, but don't make that much. This would be great for a single guy with no kids.

This job is mostly boilers and hydronics!

This job is mostly boilers and hydronics! It does include a little refrigeration (kitchen equipment, cold storage, and a very little cooling).

Even though the description says 40 hours per week, current schedule is 9hr days, 6 days per week. Also, paid on call when it is your turn. 2 weeks paid vacation in addition to 4 months off rotation each year.

Food provided is exceptional (crab legs and/or lobster and steak on weekends, full breakfast bar every morning, Mexican, Chinese, etc...)!! Housing is more than adequate (private rooms - some with kitchens, each has own bathroom, cable TV)!! Full gym and fitness center - FREE! Movie theater showing current movies (some before they hit the public) - FREE!!

Known as "Home of the 40mph fog!" Weather can be EXTREME! Mostly wind. 40-50mph is normal, 70+ knots not unusual. Rainy and foggy is norm. Temps usually 20-55 all year long. Some beautiful days to get out and go fishing!

Check out the website below for some info...
    http://www.chugach-eareckson.com/

don't be a sissy. go! boiler will be inside anyway btw, can canadian apply to work at US airbase?
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    don't be a sissy. go! boiler will be inside anyway btw, can canadian apply to work at US airbase?
    Weather isn't much of a problem for us as, like you say, we usually work inside (unlike some of the other trades). Although, changing the cap on the main smoke stack (70' in the air) was an experience. But it is done now so you guy's have nothing to worry about. Come on up!!!

As for Canadian, I am not real sure. I say give Ms. Kincaid a call and ask.

BTW, I am just a peon here. I just wanted to get the word out so we can get someone good (had a guy quit).

Where I work it is alot more comfort cooling and refrigeration and just a little boiler and hydronics.Since it is hot in Florida.

We mostly just do chemical tests and adjustments for the water treatments and simple boiler repairs. Since they are low pressure " under 125p.s.i. "We check them twice a shift.

If i was single I would really look into this I will tell some of the guys i used to work with to see if they are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by griffic1 View Post
    Where I work it is alot more comfort cooling and refrigeration and just a little boiler and hydronics.Since it is hot in Florida.

We mostly just do chemical tests and adjustments for the water treatments and simple boiler repairs. Since they are low pressure " under 125p.s.i. "We check them twice a shift.

If i was single I would really look into this I will tell some of the guys i used to work with to see if they are interested.
    under ASME RULES the difference between low pressure and high pressur STEAM IS 15 lbs operation, any steam boiler operating at 125 psi is classed as a Power Boiler.
    that is nation wide
    the military does the same, being an ex\ navy steamer thats a absolute
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it