Time to replace thermostat?
    Set thermostat up to 80 in the day and it keeps the house around 73-74. I am aware of this so I set it abnormally high so it isnt 69 in the day. It is the old dial Honeywell and it is level according to a tech and my level. No air infiltration thru sheetrock or drafts. During the winter when I would get home and set it up a couple of degrees it will cycle 10 times an hour until it reaches the correct temp. If I set it at 90 it doesnt cycle, then when it warms up I set it at a reasonable temp.

Warranty tech says nothing is wrong but I have to micro-manage the tstat. Warranty came with the home purchase- I would never pay for one as their business model generally only allows for half work.

Do I call a tech to replace?

From the limited info, yes.

I can't tell you if some thing else is causing the stat to act up.

If the warranty tech doesn't want to do any thing to fix the cycling and over shooting, call another contractor before it increases your heating and cooling bills too much more.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i would say to have it replaced have a nice digital stat put in and be done with it

new digital tstat for under a $100 bucks, why get the warranty involved. I just gotta ask why you would waste your time messing around with an old tstat like that. Bite the bullet and buy a new one.
    "Go big or Go Home"

wether you need a stat or not get rid of that old t87 stat and put in a digital programmable stat, properly programmed you can take advantage of the savings and possibly put a couple bucks in your pocket,,look at the new honeywell vision pro series....

If you replace it be sure to dispose of the t87 properly & keep mercury out of our water supply.
    Take your time & do it right!

Better yet. If you don't know how to replace one have a technician replace it for you with a quality one for a few extra bucks and save yourself the trouble of a blown low voltage fuse or transformer. It is definitely worth the money. Anyone still using anything other than digital programmable is fooling themselves, the savings are worth the few extra bucks.

Nice inataller, the equip is new enough to be warrantee but he left a 20yr old stat on the wall to run it all. Have the installer come back and ask him to put one in at cost and no labor or trip chg. You should have called him right back on that. GO digital!

I appreciate the help. It will be replaced at once.