Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: traulsen

Post Likes

Lightbulb

And if you add refrigerant and have still have high SH and get a high SC reading then cap tube is restricted and time to change it out...

Hope this Helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    And if you add refrigerant and have still have high SH and get a high SC reading then cap tube is restricted and time to change it out...

Hope this Helps...
    yes this does help thank you... I thought that mp-66 is usually only 80% of the charge for r12?.. now will going from a .049 to a .050 be a problem?

Post Likes
    How does one plug a new cap tube ? Did you keep the same length ?

Post Likes
    its not a new cap tube its a new compressor... and I am starting to think this was the death of the old compressor

Post Likes
    My bad I thought you said you changed it from a .049 to a .050. You should always change the cap tube with the compressor. How long does it take to equalize form hi to low when you shut it off ?

Post Likes

Lightbulb

JF254 - Use this conversion chart and it will guide you to your answer...

Hope this Helps.....
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes

Lightbulb

I wouldn't be concerned with how long it takes to equalize for a couple of reasons.
    1st ... SH & SC doesn't lie...
    2nd... Depending on temp of box, if cold will take longer to equalize than a warm box...

But I do agree that the cap tube or tubes should be changed out when changing a compressor...

Post Likes
    Last I recall he said his box was @ 70+*. I would expect it to equalize within a few minutes. Not 10 or more. The cap tubes I have found pluged took forever and some never equalized while I was there.

Post Likes

Lightbulb

My answer is given as a general rule if someone is uncertain as to what they are doing they will have a better chance at getting the correct answer instead of guessing...

Post Likes
    Did I see a post recently saying manufacturer will not warranty a new compressor using hot shot

Post Likes

Lightbulb

If the manufacture knows that you put Hot Shot, yes they will void warranty...

Post Likes
    Thank you. I carry hotshot. I just wont admit it.

Post Likes
    I've got 5 lugs of the stuff at the warehouse that when I started here over 4 years age I had pulled off all the vans and now they sit and collect dust and are only used when someone needs their vehicle AC charged....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast